Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 110mm soil fittings: pushfit only?

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a solvent weld equivalent of this:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Roof.../sd2849/p70032

a screwed access cap?

Are push fit fittings preferred for drains to allow for expansion? The
disadvantage with push fit as far as I can see is that you need to buy
two things instead of one, so in this case I would also need to buy a
couple, like this:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Roof.../sd2849/p42911

That's not the end of the world for me, but I can't imagine builders
would want to buy two fittings if they could halve their costs by
buying one.

I suppose something like this:
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Roof.../sd2849/p28543

a 110mm plug might be used as a temporary measure, so I can see why
they might not be solvent weld versions of that but things like an
access cap are going to be permanent, so why not solvent weld them?

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:

[...]

That is both a (male) solvent weld and pushfit device.

I think you were maybe asking if there was a female solvent weld version -
if so,I have not seen one, but have a look at the Floplast catalogue on the
web (google) - they make most bits.

You can combine that device with a female-female solvent weld coupler which
is not a particularly common beast, but I am sure I have seen one somewhere
- ah:

http://www.ukhps.co.uk/products/Flop...Double-Socket-
Coupler.html

But do not discount pushfit - 110 is very robust once it is togther, it is
not likely to fall apart by itself.
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 21, 12:13*pm, Fred wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a solvent weld equivalent of this:http://www..toolstation.com/shop/Roo...ent/Screwed+Ac...

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Roof...ent/Coupling+1...

I suppose something like this:http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Roof...ent/Socket+Plu...

a 110mm plug might be used as a temporary measure, so I can see why
they might not be solvent weld versions of that but things like an
access cap are going to be permanent, so why not solvent weld them?

TIA

Push fit is to allow for ground movement.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:04:05 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

That is both a (male) solvent weld and pushfit device.

I think you were maybe asking if there was a female solvent weld version -
if so,I have not seen one, but have a look at the Floplast catalogue on the
web (google) - they make most bits.

I had not realised there were male and female versions but yes, I was
asking for one that would just fit over the end of a pipe.

You can combine that device with a female-female solvent weld coupler which
is not a particularly common beast, but I am sure I have seen one somewhere
- ah:

http://www.ukhps.co.uk/products/Flop...Double-Socket-
Coupler.html

I suppose that this isn't any better than the push fit solution as
either way you need a couple as a second fitting. I was looking for a
single fitting solution, still it's not the end of the world.

I notice pipes with integral sockets seem to be more common these
days, so I guess if you had one of those, it would eliminate the need
for a coupler.

But do not discount pushfit - 110 is very robust once it is togther, it is
not likely to fall apart by itself.

Oh yes, I will go down the push fit route without hesitation. I was
just surprised solvent weld was so rare, when it is so common for 32
and 40mm sizes.

Thanks.