Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default above ground plastic 110mm soil pipe and fittings - in brown?

anyone know off hand of makes/sources of brown plastic 100mm above
ground soil fittings? - I want 45 deg branch fittings - preferably
push fit ?? any help muchly appreciated
tia
Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jim" wrote in message
anyone know off hand of makes/sources of brown plastic 100mm above
ground soil fittings? - I want 45 deg branch fittings - preferably
push fit ?? any help muchly appreciated
tia
Jim

I presume you have seen 110mm below ground fittings in light brown (eg
Polypipe). My local builders merchant says that the only difference is
price - cheaper than above ground black/grey. They are certainly both made
from PVC but is UV light exposure an issue???

Are you trying to match dark brown guttering/downpipes? I think marley make
a brown 110mm
PeterK

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 17 Feb, 17:45, "PeterK" wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

... anyone know off hand of makes/sources of brown plastic 100mm above
ground soil fittings? - I want 45 deg branch fittings - preferably
push fit ?? any help muchly appreciated
tia
Jim

I presume you have seen 110mm below ground fittings in light brown (eg
Polypipe). My local builders merchant says that the only difference is
price - cheaper than above ground black/grey. They are certainly both made
from PVC but is UV light exposure an issue???

yes I knwo what you mean and no they won;t do - AIUI they are not UV
proof and also are wrong colour - I need a chocolate brown to match in
to an existing stack

will look at marley though I don;t think they offer a 45deg branch in
the brown??

ta
Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

will look at marley though I don;t think they offer a 45deg branch in
the brown??

ta
Jim

Just had a look and in brown could you get away with an equal branch 87.5deg
(SY401) coupled to an offset bend 67.5deg (sne405)?
PeterK

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 17 Feb, 19:58, "PeterK" wrote:
will look at marley though I don;t think they offer a 45deg branch in
the brown??

ta
Jim

Just had a look and in brown could you get away with an equal branch 87.5deg
(SY401) coupled to an offset bend 67.5deg (sne405)?
PeterK

well it would probly "do" but I'm wanting to join a new (mainly)
vertical soil pipe into an existing "horizontal" run from another bog
- so was thinking a 45deg branch would keep the momentum of the
"goods" in the new pipe in the right direction rather than hitting the
extg horizontal and then perhaps only slowly moving on (with risk of
blockages developing...etc)

unless there's a better way - that is? anyone?

cheers
jim