Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Phone not charging

I have recently changed my car. The new one has a fancy socket in the glove
box that charges and transfers information from my iPhone. I bought a lead
to extend this socket up to a dash mounted phone holder so that I can see
the screen when using the Tom Tom app.

One lead was not long enough so I bought a second and had it professionally
installed behind the dash. Not DIY I know but I didn't feel confident enough
to start pulling the dashboard of a new car apart to route the cable myself.

When plugged directly into the socket the phone takes a charge. When
connected via the leads the charge symbol shows on the phone screen but it
does not actually charge.

I have queried this with the cable manufacturers who claim it is probably
because two cables linked together is too long a run. They will happily
refund the cost of the cables but won't contribute towards having them
professionally replaced.

Any thoughts on the long run issue or whether they are liable for my
installation costs appreciated.

Mike

Charging mobile phone Zen83237 UK diy 25 June 21st 11 11:42 PM
Self charging cell phone battery bob Electronics Repair 15 April 17th 10 01:08 AM
Pc..Laptop..Phone Accessories..Mobile phone..shopping online atAmazon siti UK diy 0 March 26th 08 08:03 AM
Slighly OT -- Cell Phone Not Charging Steve Koschmann Metalworking 10 September 18th 05 12:00 AM