Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT DNA tests

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...urrent=008.jpg

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Thomas.jpg

I don't think you need a DNA test on this one.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 12, 7:32*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q.../?action=view¤...

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q.../?action=view¤...

I don't think you need a DNA test on this one.

--
Adam

So what happened to him? Made it through the war & then died so young?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...urrent=008.jpg

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Thomas.jpg

I don't think you need a DNA test on this one.

--
Adam

So what happened to him? Made it through the war & then died so
young?

The roof collaped at Bentley colliery.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I know. You cannot see it.

It's two photos. I am scanning all the old family photos and there is a
photo of my nephew (aged 5) and a photo of his great great Grandad (aged 5)
and it looks like the same person.

Adam

Brian Gaff wrote:
?
Brian

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...urrent=008.jpg

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Thomas.jpg

I don't think you need a DNA test on this one.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...urrent=008.jpg

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Thomas.jpg

I don't think you need a DNA test on this one.

--
Adam

So what happened to him? Made it through the war & then died so
young?

The roof collaped at Bentley colliery.

--
Adam

Sad. I expect his widow was left to starve too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...urrent=008.jpg

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Thomas.jpg

I don't think you need a DNA test on this one.

--
Adam

So what happened to him? Made it through the war & then died so
young?

The roof collaped at Bentley colliery.

--
Adam

Sad. I expect his widow was left to starve too.

She was, but she did not.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...urrent=008.jpg

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/q...ent=Thomas.jpg

I don't think you need a DNA test on this one.

--
Adam

So what happened to him? Made it through the war & then died so
young?

The roof collaped at Bentley colliery.

--
Adam

Sad. I expect his widow was left to starve too.

She was, but she did not.

Fought in WW1 as well I suppose?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fought in WW1 as well I suppose?

Possibly but also very possibly not: coal miners were in a "reserved
occupation" so were not called up; and some of the many who volunteered
were sent back to their pits when it was realised that they were worth
more digging coal than digging trenches.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's two photos. I am scanning all the old family photos and there is
a photo of my nephew (aged 5) and a photo of his great great Grandad
(aged 5) and it looks like the same person.

Subject to my faults in my rapidly deteriorating mental arithmentic that
means the *average* age of the parent when each generation was born was
21. They didn't hang about in your family.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:
Fought in WW1 as well I suppose?

Possibly but also very possibly not: coal miners were in a "reserved
occupation" so were not called up; and some of the many who
volunteered were sent back to their pits when it was realised that
they were worth more digging coal than digging trenches.

Indeed many miners volunteered as they thought fighting a war had better
conditions than coal mining.

I would have to check to see if he was or was not.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:
It's two photos. I am scanning all the old family photos and there
is a photo of my nephew (aged 5) and a photo of his great great
Grandad (aged 5) and it looks like the same person.

Subject to my faults in my rapidly deteriorating mental arithmentic
that means the *average* age of the parent when each generation was
born was 21. They didn't hang about in your family.

That is 5 years longer than the Barnsley average:-)

It was quite common in those day AFAIK. There was not the availablity to the
pill until my Mums generation (and then you could only get it if you were
married).

But I suspect your mental arithmetic is wrong and you have added a
generation in your calculation:-)

Jim 5 was in 1905.
William was born in 1919, Jim aged 19 when Robert was born.
Robert was born in 1944, William aged 25 when Robert was born.
Daniel was born in 1972, Robert aged 27 when Daniel was born
Thomas was born in 2006, Daniel aged 35 when Thomas was born

At a rough guess with the dates of their bithdays. But I am knackered so I
could be wrong!

William and Thomas are first borns (info that makes a difference as to the
the age of the parent)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

But I suspect your mental arithmetic is wrong and you have added a
generation in your calculation:-)

Sorry, yes, I divided by the N generations rather than N-1.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Abusive padlock tests HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 26 July 8th 10 10:14 PM
PAT tests Sky UK diy 4 October 23rd 07 09:03 PM
pregnancy tests davidrsalsbury UK diy 7 March 9th 07 09:59 AM
Shower pan tests? Savoire Faire Home Repair 4 July 20th 05 12:32 PM