Savoire Faire

Default Shower pan tests?

Is there a way to test the shower pan in my master bathroom. There is some
evidence of a leak in the bathroom and I want to make sure that it is the
showe or maybe the toilet?

Speedy Jim

Savoire Faire wrote:
Is there a way to test the shower pan in my master bathroom. There is some
evidence of a leak in the bathroom and I want to make sure that it is the
showe or maybe the toilet?

2 tests:

Pour a number of buckets of water directly down the drain
and then check for dampness. This will test the piping
without getting the pan wet.

I would wait several days to be sure the area is dry, then
place one of those large rubber "disc" drain stoppers over
the drain. Run the shower long enough to flood the pan to
a depth of maybe 1" or so. Let sit for several hours and check for
dampness.

Jim
Mikepier

Condensation on pipes could be a culprit also. Do the supply pipes run
in the same area? Also check for a sweating toilet

G Henslee

Savoire Faire wrote:
Is there a way to test the shower pan in my master bathroom. There is some
evidence of a leak in the bathroom and I want to make sure that it is the
showe or maybe the toilet?

Where are you seeing the moisture?
Savoire Faire

I see dicoloration on the outside of the house and right by where the shower
is located
"G Henslee" wrote in message
Savoire Faire wrote:
Is there a way to test the shower pan in my master bathroom. There is
some evidence of a leak in the bathroom and I want to make sure that it
is the showe or maybe the toilet?

Where are you seeing the moisture?

Power shower electrical shocks Dave UK diy 4 June 4th 04 07:54 PM
reconstruction of shower stall and bathroom floor Spoon2001 Home Repair 2 March 12th 04 02:13 AM
Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 10:23 PM
p*ss poor flow rate to newly installed shower John UK diy 5 November 25th 03 04:42 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM