Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is RCD/RCBO mandatory for electric shower?

On 27/06/16 22:04, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 20:33:24 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 27/06/16 20:02, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 19:55:40 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:
On 27/06/16 18:44, noel gallagher wrote:
replying to Lee, noel gallagher wrote:
i could go into detail what you need to do but unless you are
qualified i strongly recommend you get someone who is to do it.as
showers come into contact with person/s you need protection with a
safe disconnection time so an
rcd or rcbo is mandatory.as for cable size ,length of run,where and
how is the
cable is run,size of shower come into play also.

It's more or defacto mandatory for any circuit, unless you can bury it
50mm below the surface or mechanically protect it, or surface run it.

It will also be necessary if you have no supplementary binding in the
bathroom under the 17th.

Oh dear!
45 years ago in my first house I fitted and plumbed in a Triton 7KW
electric
shower over the bath. The cable went straight down the pipe box and
finished
up in the meter cupboard. I was very nervous when I connected the
cable to
the electric meter. Nervous is better than saying that I was ****
scared.
The meter had fuses. No RCD stuff.
There was no isolation switch for the shower.
I was dead proud of my shower.
I wish that I was 45 years younger.

Funny how you didn't die. RC whatevers are for pussies.

Oh do **** off

Awww is the little pansy scared of fuses?

No - it's just that you are a dick.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

This, if true, is irrelevant to the conversation.

--
I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Oh dear!
45 years ago in my first house I fitted and plumbed in a Triton 7KW electric
shower over the bath. The cable went straight down the pipe box and finished
up in the meter cupboard. I was very nervous when I connected the cable to
the electric meter. Nervous is better than saying that I was **** scared.
The meter had fuses. No RCD stuff.
There was no isolation switch for the shower.
I was dead proud of my shower.
I wish that I was 45 years younger.

Pity that 45 years later you are still describing a consumer unit as a
meter.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/06/2016 18:44, noel gallagher wrote:

replying to Lee, noel gallagher wrote:
i could go into detail

Well this is a DIY group, so that is exactly what you need to do.
(unless you just fancy waving your willy?)

Having said that, the original post is over 4 years old, so chances are
its been done now!

what you need to do but unless you are qualified i

There is no requirement for qualifications, just adequate knowledge and
skill.

strongly recommend you get someone who is to do it.as showers come into
contact with person/s you need protection with a safe disconnection time
so an rcd or rcbo is mandatory.

Since the 17th edition, a RCD is mandatory for an electrically heated
shower, however not for the reason you cite, since its quite possible to
meet the required disconnection times without a RCD in many installations.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...lectric_shower

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/06/2016 20:02, James Wilkinson wrote:

Funny how you didn't die. RC whatevers are for pussies.

What is the point of all this secret agent nym shifting, if you are
going to post the same parrot ****er dribblings as usual and blow your
cover?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 27/06/2016 18:44, noel gallagher wrote:

replying to Lee, noel gallagher wrote:
i could go into detail

Having said that, the original post is over 4 years old, so chances are
its been done now!

You might be pushing it at that comment:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

Oh dear!
45 years ago in my first house I fitted and plumbed in a Triton 7KW
electric
shower over the bath. The cable went straight down the pipe box and
finished
up in the meter cupboard. I was very nervous when I connected the cable to
the electric meter. Nervous is better than saying that I was **** scared.
The meter had fuses. No RCD stuff.
There was no isolation switch for the shower.
I was dead proud of my shower.
I wish that I was 45 years younger.

Pity that 45 years later you are still describing a consumer unit as a
meter.

If it had gone wrong and had **** himself and least he could have wiped his
elbow clean with a bit of toilet paper.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Oh dear!
45 years ago in my first house I fitted and plumbed in a Triton 7KW
electric
shower over the bath. The cable went straight down the pipe box and
finished
up in the meter cupboard. I was very nervous when I connected the
cable to the electric meter. Nervous is better than saying that I
was **** scared. The meter had fuses. No RCD stuff.
There was no isolation switch for the shower.
I was dead proud of my shower.
I wish that I was 45 years younger.

Pity that 45 years later you are still describing a consumer unit as
a meter.

That was to bait you. As always you took the bait, thicko.
I Just knew that you would read and reply. Thicko

If it had gone wrong and had **** himself and least he could have
wiped his elbow clean with a bit of toilet paper.

But it did not go wrong thicko. I can remember shafting three nice women
under that shower whilst stood up. At differant times.

No sane man would have bought a council house, thicko.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It would have been more impressive if at the same time.

No sane man would have bought a council house, thicko.

God, you're acting as if you've been married to Adam.

Are you jealousy of him? It certainly shows!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
wrote:

Oh dear!
45 years ago in my first house I fitted and plumbed in a Triton 7KW
electric
shower over the bath. The cable went straight down the pipe box and
finished
up in the meter cupboard. I was very nervous when I connected the
cable to the electric meter. Nervous is better than saying that I
was **** scared. The meter had fuses. No RCD stuff.
There was no isolation switch for the shower.
I was dead proud of my shower.
I wish that I was 45 years younger.

Pity that 45 years later you are still describing a consumer unit as
a meter.

That was to bait you. As always you took the bait, thicko.
I Just knew that you would read and reply. Thicko

May I point out that you were not replying to me but to damduck-egg when you
posted that?

He did not take the bait (no-one did as there was no bait) - he just pointed
out that you are not very clever.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I was once involved in a 3 in the bed romp.
Two girls and me.

No sane man would have bought a council house, thicko.

God, you're acting as if you've been married to Adam.

Are you jealousy of him? It certainly shows!

I do not like bullies and he is a bully.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You sat and watched two lesbians play with each other?

No sane man would have bought a council house, thicko.

God, you're acting as if you've been married to Adam.

Are you jealousy of him? It certainly shows!

I do not like bullies and he is a bully.

Awww you poor thing.

--
If you jog in a jogging suit, lounge in lounging pyjamas, and smoke in a smoking jacket, why would anyone want to wear a windbreaker?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Probably on his TV

No sane man would have bought a council house, thicko.

God, you're acting as if you've been married to Adam.

Are you jealousy of him? It certainly shows!

I do not like bullies and he is a bully.

Awww you poor thing.

So he's just envious then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

And a hypocrite. What was that he said about a chisel in his back pocket for cyclists?

--
The sensible in the world are doomed to be frustrated by petty, officious idiots.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 01:22:02 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 27/06/2016 20:02, James Wilkinson wrote:

Funny how you didn't die. RC whatevers are for pussies.

What is the point of all this secret agent nym shifting, if you are
going to post the same parrot ****er dribblings as usual and blow your
cover?

If I wanted to hide my cover I'd do so. I changed name because I felt like it.

And PKB with the childish names....

--
1 in 6 men in Iowa have had sex with a chicken -- The Kinsey Report

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 27/06/2016 20:02, James Wilkinson wrote:

Funny how you didn't die. RC whatevers are for pussies.

What is the point of all this secret agent nym shifting, if you are
going to post the same parrot ****er dribblings as usual and blow your
cover?

If I wanted to hide my cover I'd do so. I changed name because I felt
like it.

You mean you were no longer reeling in so many due to being resident in
too many kill files?

And PKB with the childish names....

Stop with the childish posts then...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/16 21:06, Fredxxx wrote:
But it did not go wrong thicko. I can remember shafting three nice women
under that shower whilst stood up. At differant times.

It would have been more impressive if at the same time.

"Three strikes and you're out"

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 June 2016 18:31:19 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Having said that, the original post is over 4 years old, so chances are
its been done now!

You might be pushing it at that comment:-)

That's true, I moved 3 years ago and t'other week found a Scruit(tm) lurking in a lightswitch. I thought I'd replaced them all.

Still got a smoke detector I bought when I moved in, that should be getting fitted this year.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 June 2016 18:31:19 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Having said that, the original post is over 4 years old, so chances
are its been done now!

You might be pushing it at that comment:-)

That's true, I moved 3 years ago and t'other week found a Scruit(tm)
lurking in a lightswitch. I thought I'd replaced them all.

I've still got some in a tobacco tin. They stopped being useful when cable
stopped being stranded.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 27/06/2016 20:02, James Wilkinson wrote:

Funny how you didn't die. RC whatevers are for pussies.

What is the point of all this secret agent nym shifting, if you are
going to post the same parrot ****er dribblings as usual and blow your
cover?

If I wanted to hide my cover I'd do so. I changed name because I felt
like it.

You mean you were no longer reeling in so many due to being resident in
too many kill files?

I don't care who killfiles me.

And PKB with the childish names....

Stop with the childish posts then...

You mean posts you don't agree with. Learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.

--
A study in Scotland showed that the kind of male face a woman finds attractive can differ depending where a woman is in her menstrual cycle.
For instance, if she is ovulating they are attracted to men with rugged, masculine features.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/06/16 02:00, James Wilkinson wrote:
Learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.

I think you will find, James, that post-modern Marxism and its Liberal
derivatives consider that a fact *is* an opinion.

This stems from a lack of intelligence and addiction to binary thinking
in being unable to discern between 'the truth is ultimately unknowable'
and 'there is no truth except what people believe it to be'.

If you look at the last few weeks you will see this operating at full
throttle.

Of course as a philosopher pointed out.."there is no truth except what
people believe it to be" is merely a "truth that people believe"...hahaha.

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:22:29 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 30/06/16 02:00, James Wilkinson wrote:
Learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.

I think you will find, James, that post-modern Marxism and its Liberal
derivatives consider that a fact *is* an opinion.

This stems from a lack of intelligence and addiction to binary thinking
in being unable to discern between 'the truth is ultimately unknowable'
and 'there is no truth except what people believe it to be'.

If you look at the last few weeks you will see this operating at full
throttle.

Of course as a philosopher pointed out.."there is no truth except what
people believe it to be" is merely a "truth that people believe"...hahaha.

What have you been smoking?

--
Why is there no Disneyland in China?
No one's tall enough to go on the good rides.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 30/06/16 02:00, James Wilkinson wrote:
Learn the difference between a fact and an opinion.

I think you will find, James, that post-modern Marxism and its Liberal
derivatives consider that a fact *is* an opinion.

This stems from a lack of intelligence and addiction to binary thinking
in being unable to discern between 'the truth is ultimately unknowable'
and 'there is no truth except what people believe it to be'.

If you look at the last few weeks you will see this operating at full
throttle.

Of course as a philosopher pointed out.."there is no truth except what
people believe it to be" is merely a "truth that people
believe"...hahaha.

What have you been smoking?

Nothing, sadly. I have believe it or not read quite a lot of philosophy
though.

I suppose you dont know the underlying philosophical positions which
underpinned Marxism, Nazism and the philosophies of the new post-modern
Left?

No, thought not.

Sigh. Its as clear as crystal to see fir example what metaphysics
Plowperson unconsciously uses to form his view of the world. It's
pathetic, its useless, it probably has left him permanently scarred, not
very rich, and miserable, but will he give it up?

No way.

It's all he has.

If he ceased to have faith in it, everything he thinks he is would
vanish or become pointless.

It takes a certain something to understand that the world, and the
possible views one has of it, are not the same. It is the curse of the
half-clever that having thought they actually understood something, they
believe they have arrived at the truth for all time and become ossified

Stupid people and really clever people are in fact better. They *know*
they haven't arrived at the truth, and never will.

But at least they know there is a truth, and some ways of looking at it
work better than others.

And of all the ways, Marxism, which is the heart of just about any
educated 'liberals' world view (even if they don't know it) is the most
useless and dysfunctional and destructive. But then that was the idea.
Marx set out to destroy a system he hated because it didn't appreciate
what a fine fellow he was...So he wrote the Lefty****s Bible, telling
the stupes how great but oppressed they were, and how the kingdom of
heaven would be theirs if they all got together and behaved like sullen
spoilt brats.

Superb!

The ultimate regime change tool, and in every case where its been used
to effect a regime change, what comes after is infinitely worse than
what came before, and stays till the people are sick of it.

We just got sick of it. Get over it.

its shoes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Philosophy is a load of ******** to me. Nonsensical waffle.

--
Do not adjust your mind - the fault is with reality.

Shower Pump or Electric Shower? HarpingOn[_2_] UK diy 27 January 20th 12 12:00 PM
RCBO question Ron Lowe UK diy 6 January 4th 09 11:12 PM
OT- Mandatory Overtime Roger_N[_2_] Metalworking 41 April 23rd 08 07:11 PM
MK RCBO wiring Les Desser UK diy 5 December 30th 05 09:49 AM
MCB -> RCBO Mark UK diy 7 September 19th 05 10:34 AM