Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dremel Versaflame - faulty?

I just bought a Dremel Versaflame, from Amazon. It doesn't seem to
work at all. Before I send it back, I thought I'd check in case I'm
missing something obvious.

I put butane in it. There's certainly some in there becauwse it comes
out under pressure when I push on the valve. The air hole is open.
The lock is in the "off" (forward) position. I've tried the flame
control in various positions. I move the safety lock, press the
button, and the safety lock springs back. But no flame appears - in
fact no gas comes out.

Is it just faulty?

I suppose I should let the butane out before sending it back...

-- Richard

Dremel/HB Bill Woodworking 45 November 29th 09 03:10 AM
New Dremel Terry Cano Home Repair 10 January 20th 09 12:54 PM
Not one for the Dremel Andy Hall UK diy 17 December 7th 07 05:44 PM
Dremel CNC? Swingman Woodworking 4 July 8th 06 05:26 PM
DIY Dremel Harry Bloomfield UK diy 0 February 27th 06 06:42 PM