Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well that's the cat dead.

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other nextdoor
neighbour has just run it over.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other nextdoor
neighbour has just run it over.

Did the vicar do the running over, or was it the vicar's cat?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other nextdoor
neighbour has just run it over.

Not looking after it very well then ...

hasn't it got another eight lives?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other nextdoor
neighbour has just run it over.

Swine!

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Did the vicar do the running over, or was it the vicar's cat?

Vicars cat.

Poor thing was squashed flat at the back end. The broken backbone stopped
the pain so it did not suffer.

£152 to have it put down out of hours. And there is my bill to swap the
electric shower.

He is away in LA at his sons wedding. I will not bother to tell him.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Not looking after it very well then ...

hasn't it got another eight lives?

It must have used them up:-(

She was 17 years old and deaf. She could hardly walk and had gone for a nap
under Pauls car.

When I spoke to the vet on the phone and said the back end of the cat was
"flat" I doubt she believed me.

It took her 2 seconds to decide to put it down. Her words were "I have never
seen anything like that before, I must put it to sleep". That was the £80
consultation fee done with.

As I am a **** I did point out that the veterinary practice did not have the
correct fire exit signs. They do have fire exit signs but they direct you to
a locked door.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

What happened to its other 8 lives ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 23, 10:08*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other nextdoor
neighbour has just run it over.

--
Adam

Oh well, the nexus for a neighbourly falling out! :-0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Some kind of bad karma type **** going on there .. have you opened a
different box of frogs than what you were supposed to in another life?

--
Paul - xxx
Mark cavendish Danny Hart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul - xxx wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Some kind of bad karma type **** going on there .. have you opened a
different box of frogs than what you were supposed to in another life?

Paul (the next door neighbour who was driving) was nearly in tears.

The odd thing was my cat ran out and sat next to Ray's cat after the
accident and did not move until I had got it into a travel cage.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Paul - xxx wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Some kind of bad karma type **** going on there .. have you opened a
different box of frogs than what you were supposed to in another
life?

Paul (the next door neighbour who was driving) was nearly in tears.

The odd thing was my cat ran out and sat next to Ray's cat after the
accident and did not move until I had got it into a travel cage.

Yeah, not nice killing anything you don't mean to.

Strange how animals happen around death/accidents. Sisters dog started
howling at about 8am one morning, wouldn't stop for an hour or so, no
matter what anyone did. We found out later that sisters hubby had been
involved in a big road accident, multi-car crash and had been trapped!
No injuries at all to him, but he couldn't move .. crash happened at
7.55, he was released about 8.45 but couldn't walk for a while as his
legs had had the blood flow stopped, or close to ...

--
Paul - xxx
Mark cavendish Danny Hart
British Cycling World Champions 2011
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only remember it
when its linked to something else.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

Paul - xxx wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only
remember it when its linked to something else. Brian

Oh yes, could easily be. Seemed spooky at the time, sis was a bit
shaken by it.

--
Paul - xxx
Mark cavendish Danny Hart
British Cycling World Champions 2011
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:39:25 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only
remember it when its linked to something else.

Baader-Meinhof syndrome.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:39:25 AM UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only remember it
when its linked to something else.
Brian

Yes, mundane if the dog howls regularly, weird if it's a non-howler.

Maybe the cat smelt blood, it's a carnivore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What I really meant was that we do hear the dog bark but tend to forget it,
but when its allied to an event our brains retain, it gets tagged with it.
Similarly, the other cat may well have come along before but you never
recalled it, but this time as the event was unusual you saw and tagged it.
its the old monkey walking through the room thing again.
Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only
remember it when its linked to something else. Brian

Oh yes, could easily be. Seemed spooky at the time, sis was a bit
shaken by it.

--
Paul - xxx
Mark cavendish Danny Hart
British Cycling World Champions 2011

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Did the vicar do the running over, or was it the vicar's cat?

Vicars cat.

Poor thing was squashed flat at the back end. The broken backbone stopped
the pain so it did not suffer.

Clearly not fixable. Not so easy for town dwellers but, I would not have
taken it to a vet to be put down.

£152 to have it put down out of hours. And there is my bill to swap the
electric shower.

He is away in LA at his sons wedding. I will not bother to tell him.

Considerate move.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Onetap wrote:

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:39:25 AM UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only
remember it when its linked to something else.
Brian

Yes, mundane if the dog howls regularly, weird if it's a non-howler.

Fair point, the dog never howls .. neither before or since!

--
Paul - xxx
Mark cavendish Danny Hart
British Cycling World Champions 2011
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Did the vicar do the running over, or was it the vicar's cat?

Vicars cat.

Poor thing was squashed flat at the back end. The broken backbone
stopped the pain so it did not suffer.

Clearly not fixable. Not so easy for town dwellers but, I would not
have taken it to a vet to be put down.

Had it been my cat and there were not crying women around I might have put
it down myself.

But I also had to think to what would happen if Ray was later told "Adam
chopped your cats head off in his back garden".

I am not that squeamish.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Not looking after it very well then ...

hasn't it got another eight lives?

It must have used them up:-(

She was 17 years old and deaf. She could hardly walk and had gone for a
nap under Pauls car.

When I spoke to the vet on the phone and said the back end of the cat was
"flat" I doubt she believed me.

It took her 2 seconds to decide to put it down. Her words were "I have
never seen anything like that before, I must put it to sleep". That was
the £80 consultation fee done with.

As I am a **** I did point out that the veterinary practice did not have
the correct fire exit signs. They do have fire exit signs but they direct
you to a locked door.

I don't see how that's "being a ****"

Dobbing them in to the local Fire Officer would be "being a ****"

tim

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2012 11:37, tim.... wrote:
wrote in message
geoff wrote:
In , ARWadsworth
writes
[...]

Just as well he did not mention the name of the vet then, since there
are some here...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim.... wrote:

Dobbing them in to the local Fire Officer would be "being a ****"

Not really - dobbing a gratuitous[1] breach of fire and H&S workplace
regulations is not being a **** - it may save some employees (ie nurse)'s
life.

Like exit signs that lead the victim to a dead end - no signs would be less
bad,or no fire extinguishers.

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
tim.... wrote:

Dobbing them in to the local Fire Officer would be "being a ****"

Not really - dobbing a gratuitous[1] breach of fire and H&S workplace
regulations is not being a **** - it may save some employees (ie nurse)'s
life.

Like exit signs that lead the victim to a dead end - no signs would be
less
bad,or no fire extinguishers.

Its an easy choice, you tell them its wrong, if they don't do anything you
report it.
Many people are dead because of people not dobbing others in.
If adam was to go to said dentist again and they were still wrong what would
he do, ignore it and hope nothing happens?

Its exactly the same with the dimwit TMH, he was told not to continue to
incite people to commit crimes against persons (harassment and bullying) and
I asked TS to advise him to stop doing so.
He is a bit of an idiot but I think he has been much more careful since.
If someone had actually done as he said I would have reported it to the
police for action.

That's the problem with society these days, too many just ignore what's
going on and things get worse and worse.
At one time you could recommend UK.DIY to others if they need help, now you
have to warn them about the anti-social behaviour first.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:37:58 -0000, tim.... wrote:

As I am a **** I did point out that the veterinary practice did

not
have the correct fire exit signs. They do have fire exit signs but

they
direct you to a locked door.

I don't see how that's "being a ****"

Dobbing them in to the local Fire Officer would be "being a ****"

Quite agree, give it a week or two and revisit. If the signs are
still wrong and/or the door still locked then tell the local Fire
Officer. They've been told and had a chance to correct things.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
tim.... wrote:

[...]

I would warn people from taking advice from fools that think you take an
injured cat to the dentists.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"ARWadsworth" writes:

Had it been my cat and there were not crying women around I might have put
it down myself.

But I also had to think to what would happen if Ray was later told "Adam
chopped your cats head off in his back garden".

I am not that squeamish.

Had a passer-by knock at my door and ask if I had a ginger cat,
as there's one squashed on the road in front of my house.
No, but my neighbours kids have one each.

She starts heading off to the neighbours, and I think to myself,
this isn't a good idea if the kids come out and see it, and it
will be easier for me to pick it up, not being particularly
emotionally attached to it. So I tell her not to - I'll do it.

I grab a large empty shoe box, go outside and scoop it into the
box. One side of it still looks OK, so it can lay in the box not
looking too bad. Leave it on the porch while I pop back inside
to wash the blood off my hands and and get a bucket of water
to slosh the blood off the road. Then I call the neighbours by
phone, so the kids don't hear. Dad pops round to collect the
box, and I warn him not to lift the cat out as the other side
is rather gruesome. Anyway, he thanks me and takes it back, no
doubt to be met with tears from the kids, at least. Anyway, I
was feeling slightly pleased with having done the right thing,
or so I though, in rather sad circumstances.

A few days later I see Mum over the fence and say hello, as I
always do. She confronts me with the question, did I run over
the cat? Well, of course I didn't. I doubt she believed me,
or the bit about the passer-by knocking on my door.
That left me feeling rather sick about the whole thing - I
kind of felt guilty for something I hadn't done. We didn't
speak much after that, and they moved away a year later.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2012 09:16, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:39:25 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only
remember it when its linked to something else.

Baader-Meinhof syndrome.

Ah, Bad Wolf...

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2012 13:16, dennis@home wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
tim.... wrote:

Dobbing them in to the local Fire Officer would be "being a ****"

Not really - dobbing a gratuitous[1] breach of fire and H&S workplace
regulations is not being a **** - it may save some employees (ie nurse)'s
life.

Like exit signs that lead the victim to a dead end - no signs would be
less
bad,or no fire extinguishers.

Its an easy choice, you tell them its wrong, if they don't do anything
you report it.

For once dennis says something sensible...

(although it does seem to conflict with his usual shoot first, don't
bother with the questions MO)

and then we return back to form with the sanctimonious **** routine...

That's the problem with society these days, too many just ignore what's
going on and things get worse and worse.
At one time you could recommend UK.DIY to others if they need help, now
you have to warn them about the anti-social behaviour first.

Or you could try to be more social, thus saving the problem in the first
place!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:49:44 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

dennis@home wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
tim.... wrote:

[...]

Well, dennis does inhabit another planet....

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"ARWadsworth" writes:

[...]

You were the fool:-) And so am I.

I had a similar experience when I was following a car that ran over and
killed a cat that ran across the road. The woman driver and her kids were in
tears so I phoned the number on the collar and they left.

The cat's owner accused me of running the cat over when he turned up.

If you did not care you would not bother making the phone call. You don't
have to phone the owner.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

****"

[...]

dennisworld?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

Crap

I said something Denis agreed with.

OK - I racant...
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:37:58 -0000, tim.... wrote:

As I am a **** I did point out that the veterinary practice did

not
have the correct fire exit signs. They do have fire exit signs but

they
direct you to a locked door.

I don't see how that's "being a ****"

Dobbing them in to the local Fire Officer would be "being a ****"

Quite agree, give it a week or two and revisit. If the signs are
still wrong and/or the door still locked then tell the local Fire
Officer. They've been told and had a chance to correct things.

I agree - if you happened to be going back anyway.

If not, I would dob them because IME if you report something like that to
the local bod, it's fairly rare for anything to actually be done.

I also tend to measure severity of response by how much they "should know
better".

eg small outfit with 1 or 2 staff, fair enough - it might be an oversight.

If, OTOH, I ever see a blocked fire escape at M&S or Tescos...
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I was looking after the next door neighbours cat but my other
nextdoor neighbour has just run it over.

Not looking after it very well then ...

hasn't it got another eight lives?

It must have used them up:-(

She was 17 years old and deaf. She could hardly walk and had gone for a
nap under Pauls car.

When I spoke to the vet on the phone and said the back end of the cat was
"flat" I doubt she believed me.

It took her 2 seconds to decide to put it down. Her words were "I have
never seen anything like that before, I must put it to sleep". That was
the £80 consultation fee done with.

As I am a **** I did point out that the veterinary practice did not have
the correct fire exit signs. They do have fire exit signs but they direct
you to a locked door.

Maybe you should have pushed the issue and "negotiated" a fee reduction out
of it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 14:56:27 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

If, OTOH, I ever see a blocked fire escape at M&S or Tescos...

I've been fairly twitchy about locked/chained fire escape doors since
the mid-60s in Glasgow, when the James Watt St fire happened.

Google for this... "glasgow james watt st fire"

Apparently, the fire doors were chained shut, I heard later.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:13:09 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

The odd thing was my cat ran out and sat next to Ray's cat after the
accident and did not move until I had got it into a travel cage.

Don't kid yourself, that ******* was hoping for the other one's food.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Mar 2012 09:16:03 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 08:39:25 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Or could it just be that odd behaviour happens a lot but we only
remember it when its linked to something else.

Baader-Meinhof syndrome.

What, like cats are simply urban terrorists in furry coats?

electric double oben dead - suspect fan element but why whole lot dead? Jim K[_3_] UK diy 33 November 15th 11 12:55 AM
More dead in Mexican Drug war in 3 yrs....5 x the number of dead in Iraq/Aghanistan Bill Noble[_2_] Metalworking 1 April 27th 10 05:57 AM
Dead TVs tundra Electronics Repair 9 August 23rd 06 10:51 PM
CTC 185 dead. Dani Electronics Repair 1 August 21st 06 01:45 PM
Panasonic G520 mobile phone - dead battery or dead phone? Just Allan Electronics Repair 0 July 18th 05 01:27 PM