Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT another toaster question

I know there was rather a long thread on toasters recently, though there
is obviously a lot of knowledge and experience out there, I never saw an
answer to this. Is there any 4 slice toasters which you can select to
one slice only to save electricity?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 08:45:17 +0000, Moonraker wrote:

I know there was rather a long thread on toasters recently, though there
is obviously a lot of knowledge and experience out there, I never saw an
answer to this. Is there any 4 slice toasters which you can select to
one slice only to save electricity?

The big Dualits have a 1/2/4 selection. OTOH, if you want to save money
they are probably not a good place to start.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Most default to two slices as they are effectively two normal toasters. It
seems to me that the reason for this problem is that the element in the
centr is double sided and thus you cannot isolate the second slot.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Moonraker" wrote in message
I know there was rather a long thread on toasters recently, though there is
obviously a lot of knowledge and experience out there, I never saw an
answer to this. Is there any 4 slice toasters which you can select to one
slice only to save electricity?

Hello Kitty Toaster larry moe 'n curly Electronics Repair 34 August 28th 11 05:20 PM
Toaster Oven Repair Question DerbyDad03 Home Repair 1 August 11th 09 05:11 PM
Cuisinart TOB-165 Toaster Oven Repair Question? [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 April 29th 07 08:50 PM
Un-toaster Asimov Electronics Repair 1 February 15th 06 07:51 AM
Toaster [email protected] Home Repair 8 September 13th 04 06:05 PM