Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toaster Oven Repair Question

I need to replace the thermal fuse in my toaster oven.

I know that when I took the oven apart the gear for the thermostat
moved and I assume it will take some trial and error to get it
positioned correctly. What I'm looking for is a place to start.

Scroll down to picture 3 at this site to see the tabs that hang down
from the thermostat - near the *tail* end of the green arrow.

http://www.gtishrine.com/delonghi.php

The thermostat knob goes from Keep Warm, through the range of 250 -
400 and stops at Toast/Broil.

What I need to know is what position should the tabs be in at the
Toast/Broil setting. This would be the setting where the elements
would stay on constantly. Should the tabs be Touching? Full Open?
Somewhere in between?

I'm hoping that positioning the tabs for Toast/Broil would get me
close so the oven temps match the knob setting. Any other suggestions
would certainly be welcome.

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

If I tell you, are you going to send me a $2 donation?

I assume from the mere existence of your question that the shaft is
toothed rather than flatted, and there are no other knob/shaft features
to guide you. I also assume that the shaft is free to rotate infinitely,
which I find odd. Then I'd say the bimetallic strips you reference (tabs
hanging down from thermostat) should remain closed for the broil
position. Then set the knob at broil when the shaft is rotated so that
those strips are closed to the maximum that they can be, IOW at the
center of the range of motion through which they are closed.

Disclaimer: I have never owned a toaster oven, nor attempted to repair
one.

B & D toaster oven fix [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 July 12th 07 02:39 AM
Cuisinart TOB-165 Toaster Oven Repair Question? [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 April 29th 07 08:50 PM
Toaster oven thermostat badgerboy Electronics Repair 6 February 22nd 07 01:15 PM
Toaster Oven James Home Repair 5 May 16th 05 05:05 AM
Toaster oven hints? Stuff Electronics Repair 3 February 13th 05 02:54 PM