Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FIT slashed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2011-10-31, Dave wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

Excellent news. Pity they don't make it retrospective.

+1
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 4:18*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Good. It was robbing from the poor to give to the rich. Shame it
wasn't completely abolished.

Philip
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

Hoo ****in rah.

That's round two to Mackay and the scientists and engineers and a second
kick in the balls to Huhne

Now it's still only 5 times what normal electricity costs, instead of
ten times.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

On 2011-10-31, Dave Liquorice wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

Excellent news. Pity they don't make it retrospective.

With clauses aimed at specific individuals you mean?

Golly. Whilst that is attractive, in principle I don't like the idea.

Id say give people and option. Pay em a lump sum and no FIT at all, or
take the FIT and the cost of maintenance.

These parasites don't deserve a profit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Good. It was robbing from the poor to give to the rich. Shame it
wasn't completely abolished.

Watch and wait... its coming.

Philip

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2011-10-31, Dave Liquorice
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

Excellent news. Pity they don't make it retrospective.

+1

I hope they now also reduce (or even abolish) the 6% surcharge that's being
added to the energy bills to cover stuff like FIT.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2011-10-31, Dave Liquorice wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

Excellent news. Pity they don't make it retrospective.

+1

I hope they now also reduce (or even abolish) the 6% surcharge that's
being added to the energy bills to cover stuff like FIT.

Cash

+1

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2011-10-31, Dave Liquorice
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

Excellent news. Pity they don't make it retrospective.

+1

I hope they now also reduce (or even abolish) the 6% surcharge that's being
added to the energy bills to cover stuff like FIT.

Cash

The way it works is that the distribution companies are forced to pay
over the odds to the FITTers.

And so bills have to rise..I am not sure there is a fixed surcharge -
its just that te companies are having to raise prices becaise
- gas is more expensive
- coal is taxed
- renewables are mandatory and cost 2-10 times more
- the nuclear that we have paid for 40 years ago is now coming off line.
- maintaining the backup plant for the renewables is now expeniove as well..
- with Germany's nuclear plant now offline we are having to take up the
slack by running more expensive coal as well. Germany's decision added
about 10% to everyone's bill. Its good for our balance of payments as we
are now moving towards net electricity exports, BUT it means higher prices.

If we get a cold winter, lord knows if the EU mainland will be able to cope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.
I expect the price of panels will come down.
There won't half be a rush before Christmas.

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:04:38 +0000, Roger Mills

On 2011-10-31, Dave wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

Excellent news. Pity they don't make it retrospective.

+1

ditto, they missed an opportunity for common sense to dictate over
pure greenwash and greed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

in smugness if not grammar....

I expect the price of panels will come down.
There won't half be a rush before Christmas.

bring on the snow (and falling icicles)..

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.

mmmm let's wait and see....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:24:19 -0700, harry wrote:

On Oct 31, 4:18Â*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

The word is 'leech'.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

Until we come round with an angle grinder

we know who you are, we know where you live

.... going out this weekend?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

Have you looked up "elite" in a dictionary?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:31:36 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Now it's still only 5 times what normal electricity costs, instead of
ten times.

Where can you get lecky for 4.2p/unit? That's 1.6p/unit less than my
off-peak E7 rate, admittedly not the cheapest E7 tarrif around but
it's in the cheaper 25%.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 7:46*pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, 0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

" I have done 2747Kwh to date."
How long have you been generating and what is the max rating?
ta
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:24:19 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

I expect the price of panels will come down.

Why? The bottom has just been knocked out of the market.

There won't half be a rush before Christmas.

Except that actually getting a system installed before 12th Dec might
be quite tricky with all the accredited Solar PV firms fully booked
up...

I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?

4/5ths of bugger all. From the article linked to at the start of this
thread:

"As a result, figures from Ofgem show the amount of solar power
installed in the UK has increased dramatically, from 30 megawatts
(MW) before the subsidy started in 2010 to 321MW by October this
year."

321MW installed capacity with UK deamnd of around 40,000MW so about
0.8%.

I have done 2747Kwh to date.

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some space
heating lately all summer.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 4:42*pm, Adrian C wrote:
On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

--
Adrian C

Oversupply in the panel market already, strangely enough PV and double/
triple glazing seem to be same people...

Cheers
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

Harry isn't interested in its contribution to saving the planet: he's
interested in its contribution to making him a filthy capitalist pig.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:31:36 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Now it's still only 5 times what normal electricity costs, instead of
ten times.

Where can you get lecky for 4.2p/unit?

wholesale rate. Off a power station.

That's 1.6p/unit less than my
off-peak E7 rate, admittedly not the cheapest E7 tarrif around but
it's in the cheaper 25%.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

and a capacity factor of around 10% so 0.08% overall

I have done 2747Kwh to date.

In what ? 6 months?

An average of 600 watts?

And that was the summer.

So an average of 300 watts over the year?

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some space
heating lately all summer.

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Oct 31, 4:42 pm, Adrian C wrote:
On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750
Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

--
Adrian C

Oversupply in the panel market already, strangely enough PV and double/
triple glazing seem to be same people...

plastic shirt, greasy smile..

Cheers
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

And "completed" means installed and registered.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 05:31:12 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I have done 2747Kwh to date.

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some

space
heating lately all summer.

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.

A shade over 10kWHr per litre so more like 270l or nearer three
tankfuls of diesel...

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return of about
10% over 20 years. Without factoring in rising grid prices.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return

Given they've cut the subsidy much further and earlier than was planned,
here's hoping they cut the duration from 25 years to 10 or less.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return

Given they've cut the subsidy much further and earlier than was planned,
here's hoping they cut the duration from 25 years to 10 or less.

They have made no changes to existing FIT, which will be
increased with inflation next April.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! *I am become one of the elite.

The word is 'leech'.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
*http://www.mirrorservice.org

So how about people who traded in cars under the "scrappage" scheme?
The word for you is envy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 9:40*pm, misterroy wrote:
On Oct 31, 7:46*pm, John Rumm wrote:

On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, 0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk** * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

" I have done 2747Kwh to date."
How long have you been generating and what is the max rating?
ta- Hide quoted text -

It started up on 21 April this year. 3.88Kwpeak.
I have an almost ideal position.
There are lots of factors that can reduce output. Angle, orientation,
aspect, shadows, weather, etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 11:44*pm, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Oct 31, 4:42*pm, Adrian C wrote:

On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

--
Adrian C

Oversupply in the panel market already, strangely enough PV and double/
triple glazing seem to be same people...

Cheers
Adam- Hide quoted text -

It's more too successful not over supply.
They talk the same . They are mostly roofers, electricians and aerial
fixers.
There are a lot of cowboys out there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return

Given they've cut the subsidy much further and earlier than was planned,
here's hoping they cut the duration from 25 years to 10 or less.

I suspect that within 5 years government spending along with government
income will simply evaporate. When a counterparty in a contract goes
tits up, generally the contract is null and void. Or rather you get a
penny in the pound from the receiver, if anything.

So these cast iron contracts will become essentially as much use as a
Zimbabwean dollar note.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 8:16*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 05:31:12 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some

space
heating lately all summer.

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.

A shade over 10kWHr per litre so more like 270l or nearer three
tankfuls of diesel...

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return of about
10% over 20 years. Without factoring in rising grid prices.

--
Cheers
Dave.

True. But in a few years electricity will cost 43 p/Kwh anyway.
The important thing is the electricity took up no further (fuel)
resources to generate it and will not for years to come.
The electricity I have generated so far has paid back 8% of capital
already in two quarters. Obviously the next two quarters will be much
reduced.
As it is tax free that's worth even more.
Anyone on this group that didn't get on the bandwagon has only
themselves to blame. It has been made perfectly clear it was a good
deal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 8:37*am, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return

Given they've cut the subsidy much further and earlier than was planned,
here's hoping they cut the duration from 25 years to 10 or less.

Ah more envy/sour grapes. I bet you sit in the house on benifits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 9:35*am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return

Given they've cut the subsidy much further and earlier than was planned,
here's hoping they cut the duration from 25 years to 10 or less.

I suspect that within 5 years government spending along with government
income will simply evaporate. When a counterparty in a contract goes
tits up, generally the contract is null and void. Or rather you get a
penny in the pound from the receiver, if anything.

So these cast iron contracts will become essentially as much use as a
Zimbabwean dollar note.

Ah another envious old man. Full of bull****. You need to get out
more.
In five years I will have had my money back very likely.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return

Given they've cut the subsidy much further and earlier than was planned,
here's hoping they cut the duration from 25 years to 10 or less.

Ah more envy/sour grapes. I bet you sit in the house on benifits.

Not even benefits, I am sure.

The fact remains harry that you are

- doing nothing to save the planet
- making money out of a totally unproductive scam
- making that money from people who have too much social responsibility
to copy your greed.

In short by any standard, you are a spiv and a social parasite.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 9:40*pm, misterroy wrote:
On Oct 31, 7:46*pm, John Rumm wrote:

On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, 0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk** * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

" I have done 2747Kwh to date."
How long have you been generating and what is the max rating?
ta- Hide quoted text -

The other factor is you save off your electricity bill butyou need to
tailor your life round sunny days to get the maximum benifit. Ideally
you need to be retired, ie in the house round midday.
In Summer you can save a lot but in Winter much less scope.
Time switches and watching the weather forecast could help.
In Summer you can knock a third off your bill but I dunno about
Winter,it will be much less.

I did think about fitting time switches to our freezers etc to stop
them coming on by night (when obviously no power is generated.)

Ah, the sun's just come out. Maybe I'll sit in front of the meter for
a while and watch the £ notes coming in :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2011 09:35, harry wrote:
The electricity I have generated so far has paid back 8% of capital
already in two quarters. Obviously the next two quarters will be much
reduced.
As it is tax free that's worth even more.

Simple, don't make it tax free forever. Hell, the goverment raise and
lower taxes at a stroke. Very simple to correct this social injustice.
Someone should start a petition.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 05:31:12 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I have done 2747Kwh to date.
Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some

space
heating lately all summer.
Its about 300 litres of oil innit?
Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.

A shade over 10kWHr per litre so more like 270l or nearer three
tankfuls of diesel...

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return of about
10% over 20 years. Without factoring in rising grid prices.

--
Cheers
Dave.

True. But in a few years electricity will cost 43 p/Kwh anyway.

It will not.

Nuclear power is massively profitable at 10p.

The country would c9ollapse at that sort of electricity price.