Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FIT slashed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

Hoo ****in rah.

That's round two to Mackay and the scientists and engineers and a second
kick in the balls to Huhne

Now it's still only 5 times what normal electricity costs, instead of
ten times.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:31:36 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Now it's still only 5 times what normal electricity costs, instead of
ten times.

Where can you get lecky for 4.2p/unit? That's 1.6p/unit less than my
off-peak E7 rate, admittedly not the cheapest E7 tarrif around but
it's in the cheaper 25%.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:31:36 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Now it's still only 5 times what normal electricity costs, instead of
ten times.

Where can you get lecky for 4.2p/unit?

wholesale rate. Off a power station.

That's 1.6p/unit less than my
off-peak E7 rate, admittedly not the cheapest E7 tarrif around but
it's in the cheaper 25%.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 4:42*pm, Adrian C wrote:
On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

--
Adrian C

Oversupply in the panel market already, strangely enough PV and double/
triple glazing seem to be same people...

Cheers
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Oct 31, 4:42 pm, Adrian C wrote:
On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750
Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

--
Adrian C

Oversupply in the panel market already, strangely enough PV and double/
triple glazing seem to be same people...

plastic shirt, greasy smile..

Cheers
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 11:44*pm, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Oct 31, 4:42*pm, Adrian C wrote:

On 31/10/2011 16:18, Dave Liquorice wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

It is to everyones interest that the panel prices come down to as cheap
as possible to everyone. As I see it the current subsidy is just
encoraging manufacturers to keep the panels priced high, and spread
unhealthy bonuses in the pockets of ex-double glazing salesmen.

I don't see a lot of difference material handling wise between solar
panels and flat panel TV sets. Perhaps a redundant factory or two of
Phillips can be converted?

--
Adrian C

Oversupply in the panel market already, strangely enough PV and double/
triple glazing seem to be same people...

Cheers
Adam- Hide quoted text -

It's more too successful not over supply.
They talk the same . They are mostly roofers, electricians and aerial
fixers.
There are a lot of cowboys out there.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 9:25*am, harry wrote:
[...]

Nope , oversupply, bearing in mind have to have the cash to invest up
front to reap the 10%

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/m...mps-on-warning

No point in blaming the Chinese, they are aware and relying on growing
their domestic market

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90...0/7302559.html

Cheers
Adam

They talk the same . *They are mostly roofers, electricians and aerial
fixers.
There are a lot of cowboys out there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Nov 1, 9:25 am, harry wrote:
[...]

No, they are banging in a nuclear power station every 9 months or so,
and coal even faster.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 4:18*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Good. It was robbing from the poor to give to the rich. Shame it
wasn't completely abolished.

Philip
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Good. It was robbing from the poor to give to the rich. Shame it
wasn't completely abolished.

Watch and wait... its coming.

Philip

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.
I expect the price of panels will come down.
There won't half be a rush before Christmas.

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 7:46*pm, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, 0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

" I have done 2747Kwh to date."
How long have you been generating and what is the max rating?
ta

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 9:40*pm, misterroy wrote:
On Oct 31, 7:46*pm, John Rumm wrote:

On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, 0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk** * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

" I have done 2747Kwh to date."
How long have you been generating and what is the max rating?
ta- Hide quoted text -

It started up on 21 April this year. 3.88Kwpeak.
I have an almost ideal position.
There are lots of factors that can reduce output. Angle, orientation,
aspect, shadows, weather, etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 31, 9:40*pm, misterroy wrote:
On Oct 31, 7:46*pm, John Rumm wrote:

On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, 0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk** * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

" I have done 2747Kwh to date."
How long have you been generating and what is the max rating?
ta- Hide quoted text -

The other factor is you save off your electricity bill butyou need to
tailor your life round sunny days to get the maximum benifit. Ideally
you need to be retired, ie in the house round midday.
In Summer you can save a lot but in Winter much less scope.
Time switches and watching the weather forecast could help.
In Summer you can knock a third off your bill but I dunno about
Winter,it will be much less.

I did think about fitting time switches to our freezers etc to stop
them coming on by night (when obviously no power is generated.)

Ah, the sun's just come out. Maybe I'll sit in front of the meter for
a while and watch the £ notes coming in :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 9:49*am, harry wrote:
[...]

Make an interesting point, load management related to local and
forecast conditions would seem to make sense.

Hardware and network connectivity has never been cheaper or easier.

In Summer you can knock a third off your bill but I dunno about
Winter,it will be much less.

I did think about fitting time switches to our freezers etc to stop
them coming on by night (when obviously no power is generated.)

Wonder if super insulated fridges are a money saver...

Cheers
Adam

Ah, the sun's just come out. *Maybe I'll sit in front of the meter for
a while and watch the £ notes coming in *:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

Harry isn't interested in its contribution to saving the planet: he's
interested in its contribution to making him a filthy capitalist pig.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2011 19:46, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

Nonsense.

Unlike windmills the major contribution of PV panels is reducing demand
on the grid and with a multitude of individual houses any variation in
demand/output will be statistically easy to determine and any
variability will be small in relation to the other factors that the grid
has to take into account.

I don't know what the exact proportion is but even windmills don't need
100% of hot reserve. PV panels shouldn't need very much (or even any)
even if every house in the land was so equipped.

--
Roger Chapman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2011 17:24, Roger Chapman wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:46, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

Nonsense.

Unlike windmills the major contribution of PV panels is reducing demand
on the grid and with a multitude of individual houses any variation in
demand/output will be statistically easy to determine and any
variability will be small in relation to the other factors that the grid
has to take into account.

PV makes very good sense in countries where the sun gets high in the sky
and ambient temperatures and humidity require airconditioning. It is on
the verge of barking mad to subsidise installation of PV panels in the
UK at latitude 50+ N - where net energy payback is about 4:1 - but
installed in sunny places like Australia or Japan you get nearer 7:1.
And more importantly you get the extra energy boost at a time of peak
demand. Load and generation are naturally matched there.

Have you not noticed how the solar powered "please go round the bend"
signs die a horrible death in midwinter when they are really needed.

I don't know what the exact proportion is but even windmills don't need
100% of hot reserve. PV panels shouldn't need very much (or even any)
even if every house in the land was so equipped.

PV panels in the UK at present probably don't need any hot reserve as
their total overall contribution is not statistically significant.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 5:24*pm, Roger Chapman wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:46, John Rumm wrote: On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

[...]

I think the small PV schemes are the way to go. There is a four volt
(approx) drop on my supply when a cloud passes (max-min). If it was a
huge array the effect would be greater. It depends on the size/
regulation of the local transformer too.
Small PV arrays reduce the size needed on th grid as electricity is
produced locally.
The main problem is that output is down in Winter.

I think that power generators will take into account sunlight
intensity and national cloud patterns to predict needs. They already
look at weather forecasts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 01:36:30 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

Small PV arrays reduce the size needed on th grid as electricity is
produced locally.

So when the sun sets (or is clouded out) you sit in the dark? Don't
watch telly or use any other electrical appliance?

I think that power generators will take into account sunlight
intensity and national cloud patterns to predict needs.

Not with the total installed capacity of less than 1% of demand. ISTR
they work with a 20% margin of spinning reserve. So if a nuke station
and a big coal fired station fall off line at the same time (say
3,400,000 kW) the grid struggles but doesn't collapse.

They already look at weather forecasts.

Mostly for the temperature, if it gets cold the demand for space
heating shoots up.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Chapman wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:46, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

Nonsense.

Unlike windmills the major contribution of PV panels is reducing demand
on the grid and with a multitude of individual houses any variation in
demand/output will be statistically easy to determine and any
variability will be small in relation to the other factors that the grid
has to take into account.

You really haven't a clue have you

The major contribution of *any* power station is reducing demand on the
grid to exactly zero, overall.

PV panels are just a massively expensive and inefficient and
uncontrollable way to do it.

I don't know what the exact proportion is but even windmills don't need
100% of hot reserve. PV panels shouldn't need very much (or even any)
even if every house in the land was so equipped.

At night PV panels need 100% reserve. They produce nothing. On a grey
day in winter they produce so near nothing as to be irrelevant,

They have in fact a worse variability than windmills. which seldom got
to nothing everywhere. PV does it every might,.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Chapman wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:46, John Rumm wrote:
On 31/10/2011 19:24, harry wrote:

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.
I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

It hardly matters, it will need a proper power station sat there in hot
reserve anyway, so its real contribution is of little value.

Nonsense.

Unlike windmills the major contribution of PV panels is reducing
demand on the grid and with a multitude of individual houses any
variation in demand/output will be statistically easy to determine and
any variability will be small in relation to the other factors that
the grid has to take into account.

You really haven't a clue have you

Projecting your own failings on others again as usual.

The major contribution of *any* power station is reducing demand on the
grid to exactly zero, overall.

Its about time you took the trouble to formulate your sentences so they
mean what you think they mean. The only way to reduce the demand on the
grid to zero is to turn absolutely everything off.

PV panels are just a massively expensive and inefficient and
uncontrollable way to do it.

I don't know what the exact proportion is but even windmills don't
need 100% of hot reserve. PV panels shouldn't need very much (or even
any) even if every house in the land was so equipped.

At night PV panels need 100% reserve. They produce nothing. On a grey
day in winter they produce so near nothing as to be irrelevant,

They have in fact a worse variability than windmills. which seldom got
to nothing everywhere. PV does it every might,.

The output of a multitude of small PV arrays is predictable to a very
large degree and relatively consistent as well. It reduces domestic
demand at a time when total demand is high and requires no hot reserve.
That PV panels produce nothing during the hours of darkness is of little
consequence because of the consistency of the output. Windmills OTOH are
as likely as not to be generating at times of lowest demand and failing
to produce even as much as PV arrays when demand is at its strongest.

--
Roger Chapman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:17:20 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

The major contribution of *any* power station is reducing demand on the
grid to exactly zero, overall.

Maybe you possibly meant to say increasing generation until the system
is balanced

generation = demand+losses

In the distant past before privatisation that was correct but now not
all generators perform balancing, reduce the system frequency and the
system voltage and they will deliberately continue at their previous
power output until they drop off the bars on low system volts or low
system frequency.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:24:19 -0700, harry wrote:

On Oct 31, 4:18Â*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

The word is 'leech'.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! *I am become one of the elite.

The word is 'leech'.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
*http://www.mirrorservice.org

So how about people who traded in cars under the "scrappage" scheme?
The word for you is envy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

The word is 'leech'.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

So how about people who traded in cars under the "scrappage" scheme?
The word for you is envy.

I nearly did. But why waste all that money on a new car when the old one
works fine?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

The word is 'leech'.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

So how about people who traded in cars under the "scrappage" scheme?
The word for you is envy.

I nearly did. But why waste all that money on a new car when the old one
works fine?

--
Adam- Hide quoted text -

Quite right. I kept my old car too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2011 09:17, harry wrote:
On Oct 31, 7:49 pm, Bob wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:24:19 -0700, harry wrote:
On Oct 31, 4:18 pm, "Dave
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

The word is 'leech'.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

So how about people who traded in cars under the "scrappage" scheme?
The word for you is envy.

Strange how envious or hostile some people seem to be simply because
they missed the PV bonanza, yet some of them regularly post here how
cheaply they buy stuff and how much markup they add on when fleecing
some poor old lady somewhere .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 21:21:08 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

Strange how envious or hostile some people seem to be simply because
they missed the PV bonanza

There is no envy. Its just that some of us would rather subsidise a
new generation of nukes that will keep the lights on than wind
turbines and roofs of ****ty PV's that do sweet f*ck all except
penalise every consumer for zero benefit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

in smugness if not grammar....

I expect the price of panels will come down.
There won't half be a rush before Christmas.

bring on the snow (and falling icicles)..

Mind you, £0.21/Kwh would still give a better return than money in the
bank these days.

mmmm let's wait and see....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
harry writes
wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

Until we come round with an angle grinder

we know who you are, we know where you live

.... going out this weekend?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15507750

Down to 21p/kWHr for installations completed after 12th Dec 2011.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Phew, got in just in time! I am become one of the elite.

Have you looked up "elite" in a dictionary?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:24:19 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

I expect the price of panels will come down.

Why? The bottom has just been knocked out of the market.

There won't half be a rush before Christmas.

Except that actually getting a system installed before 12th Dec might
be quite tricky with all the accredited Solar PV firms fully booked
up...

I wonder what percentage of the national load it provides on a sunny
day?

4/5ths of bugger all. From the article linked to at the start of this
thread:

"As a result, figures from Ofgem show the amount of solar power
installed in the UK has increased dramatically, from 30 megawatts
(MW) before the subsidy started in 2010 to 321MW by October this
year."

321MW installed capacity with UK deamnd of around 40,000MW so about
0.8%.

I have done 2747Kwh to date.

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some space
heating lately all summer.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

and a capacity factor of around 10% so 0.08% overall

I have done 2747Kwh to date.

In what ? 6 months?

An average of 600 watts?

And that was the summer.

So an average of 300 watts over the year?

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some space
heating lately all summer.

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 05:31:12 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I have done 2747Kwh to date.

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some

space
heating lately all summer.

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.

A shade over 10kWHr per litre so more like 270l or nearer three
tankfuls of diesel...

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return of about
10% over 20 years. Without factoring in rising grid prices.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return

Given they've cut the subsidy much further and earlier than was planned,
here's hoping they cut the duration from 25 years to 10 or less.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 1, 8:16*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 05:31:12 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I have done 2747Kwh to date.

Less energy that we have used from oil for hot water and some

space
heating lately all summer.

Its about 300 litres of oil innit?

Harry has saved the planet from burning four car tankfuls of diesel.

A shade over 10kWHr per litre so more like 270l or nearer three
tankfuls of diesel...

I don't think Harry has ever seriously pushed "saving the planet". It
is purely a financial investment with a "guaranteed" return of about
10% over 20 years. Without factoring in rising grid prices.

--
Cheers
Dave.

True. But in a few years electricity will cost 43 p/Kwh anyway.
The important thing is the electricity took up no further (fuel)
resources to generate it and will not for years to come.
The electricity I have generated so far has paid back 8% of capital
already in two quarters. Obviously the next two quarters will be much
reduced.
As it is tax free that's worth even more.
Anyone on this group that didn't get on the bandwagon has only
themselves to blame. It has been made perfectly clear it was a good
deal.