Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin ladder offer

FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including
the work platform, @ £49:99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/4x3-step-mul...latform-587616

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including
the work platform, @ £49:99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/4x3-step-mul...latform-587616

If it is a bargain, that's a first for Maplin in many many years. Even
their 'seconds' are overpriced.

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman wrote:
FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including

If it is a bargain, that's a first for Maplin in many many years. Even
their 'seconds' are overpriced.

Maplin? Ah, I remember when they were an electronics supply
company, and all this was fields....

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:29:16 -0700, jgharston wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:
FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including

If it is a bargain, that's a first for Maplin in many many years. Even
their 'seconds' are overpriced.

Maplin? Ah, I remember when they were an electronics supply company, and
all this was fields....

+1 and LOL

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 20:18:08 +0100, Newshound wrote:

But changing the subject, has anyone tried one of the Maplin
"telescopic" ladders which come up from time to time? The idea of a 3.8
metre ladder which folds up quite small and fits in a car boot is quite
attractive.

I've not used one but I have seen them in use and they flex quite a
bit even without being at full length. No where near as rigid as a
proper ladder or the step ladders that can be staightened out.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman wrote:
FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including

If it is a bargain, that's a first for Maplin in many many years. Even
their 'seconds' are overpriced.

Maplin? Ah, I remember when they were an electronics supply company, and
all this was fields....

+1 and LOL

I looked at these and thought they looked a bit flimsy. The slightly
more substantial jobbies from Screwfix and Macro for about a ton are OK
for DIY duty. (I borrow one occasionally, havn't got round to getting
one of my own)

Both to the same BS spec though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The problem with these stores that now get onto bigh highstreets is the huge
overheads that gives the company. Hence its hard to make low prices unless
the stuff is bought at a ridiculously low price in the first place.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including
the work platform, @ £49:99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/4x3-step-mul...latform-587616

If it is a bargain, that's a first for Maplin in many many years. Even
their 'seconds' are overpriced.

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 24, 8:18*pm, Newshound wrote:

I looked at these and thought they looked a bit flimsy. The slightly
more substantial jobbies from Screwfix and Macro for about a ton are OK
for DIY duty. (I borrow one occasionally, havn't got round to getting
one of my own)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/4-way-platform-ladder/18247

Same product £70 at Aldi a few months ago and previoulsy £50 at (now
defunct) Netto:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/scaf...l-69-99/915623
Posted to uk.d-i-y

FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including
the work platform, @ £49:99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/4x3-step-mul...latform-587616

Remind me why Wickes was such a good idea when I asked for advice last
month...

Ah well. Such is life.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including the
work platform, @ £49:99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/4x3-step-mul...latform-587616

Thank you TMH- just ordered one, last one got lost/stolen depending on who
you ask... Me or my dad!

--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfix{at}btinternet{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including the
work platform, @ £49:99

http://www.maplin.co.uk/4x3-step-mul...latform-587616

Mine arrived this afternoon.
Very pleased with it.
Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman wrote:
FYI Maplin have those 4 way multi purpose ladders on offer, including

If it is a bargain, that's a first for Maplin in many many years. Even
their 'seconds' are overpriced.

Maplin? Ah, I remember when they were an electronics supply company, and
all this was fields....

+1 and LOL

I looked at these and thought they looked a bit flimsy. The slightly
more substantial jobbies from Screwfix and Macro for about a ton are OK
for DIY duty. (I borrow one occasionally, havn't got round to getting
one of my own)

Thanks TMH - I've bought one and it looks pretty good to me. Certainly
wouldn't describe it as flimsy; if anything it's a bit on the
'substantial' side for my requirements, as my need was primarily as a
replacement for a lightweight step ladder (thought it would be easier to
cart around in the car, which I do quite a lot, being shorter overall
than a conventional step ladder.

For me, the only thing missing is a platform of some sort at the apex to
stand your tin of paint on: will have to knock up something myself.

David