Old November 5th 06, 01:10 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ladder Stabilizer For Extension Ladder Question

Hi,

Regarding those "Ladder Stabilizers" for extension ladders that
I've seen in the Hardware stores and also at Home Depot:

Sounds like a good idea.
Is it ?

Any caveats or gotchas when using ?

Also, is there one brand or type that is "better" than the others ?

Have a 16' Werner, and even at that relatively low height, it gets a bit
scarry and
wobbly up there.

Thanks,
Bob

Old November 5th 06, 01:42 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:10:25 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hi,

Regarding those "Ladder Stabilizers" for extension ladders that
I've seen in the Hardware stores and also at Home Depot:

Sounds like a good idea.
Is it ?

Any caveats or gotchas when using ?

Also, is there one brand or type that is "better" than the others ?

Have a 16' Werner, and even at that relatively low height, it gets a bit
scarry and
wobbly up there.

Thanks,
Bob

Get someone to hold the bottom of the ladder, the larger the person,
the better. Take the time to inspect your ladder for damage, check
the ladder for the proper angle, feet securely in place, etc.
Practicing ladder safety goes a long way. I use a 28-foot extension
ladder without stabilizers.
Old November 5th 06, 05:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Regarding those "Ladder Stabilizers" for extension ladders that
I've seen in the Hardware stores and also at Home Depot:

Sounds like a good idea.
Is it ?

Any caveats or gotchas when using ?

Also, is there one brand or type that is "better" than the others ?

Have a 16' Werner, and even at that relatively low height, it gets a bit
scarry and
wobbly up there.

If a relatively short ladder like that is wobbly, then you might have a
lightweight "homeowner's" ladder or you're a big guy. A ladder with a
higher rating is much stiffer and less scary. Yes, it's heavier and
more expensive, but there are always trade offs.

The ladder stabilizer helps with bridging windows, reaching onto a roof
and giving a wider, more stable stance at the top. It won't help with
wobbly/bouncy.

Old November 5th 06, 09:21 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:10:25 -0500, "Robert11" wrote:

I too have a Werner ladder and never feel comfortable each time I use it. My
main worry is the ladder mover sideways, if the ground is not even and even if
the ground is even, it will move sideway if I try to out stretch on either side
of the ladder. Last year as I watched my contractor repaired the roof, gutters
and paints the exterior of the house, I am convinced so I bought a Werner's
ladder stabilizes. There are two types available, one more expensive quick
removable type and the cheaper one bolt on, which I paid about $21 at HD.

I believe the $21 was well spend and a cheap insurance against permanent
disables.

Old December 20th 09, 04:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

kdugan628 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...on-163227-.htm
:
Wow, I know that this is an old discussion, but I found it today while
searching for safety equipment, and figured I'd share what we use at our
company. We're currently using stablebase stabilizers, and we've been very
happy with them. Like the ladder-max, I don't think they sell them in
stores, but we were able to order through the stablebase website or by
calling the company. Their website is www.stablebaseusa.com

Old December 20th 09, 04:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 20, 11:33*am,
(kdugan628) wrote:
kdugan628 had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Ladder-Stabilizer-For-...
*:
Wow, I know that this is an old discussion, but I found it today while
searching for safety equipment, and figured I'd share what we use at our
company. We're currently using stablebase stabilizers, and we've been very
happy with them. Like the ladder-max, I don't think they sell them in
stores, but we were able to order through the stablebase website or by
calling the company. Their website iswww.stablebaseusa.com

Why is it that such Johnny-come-lately recommendation posts are always
made by people that have no posting history at all? Hmmmm...

Old December 20th 09, 05:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair

And posting from Sucko.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On Dec 20, 11:33 am,

Old December 20th 09, 07:25 PM posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

"kdugan628" wrote in message
roups.com...
Their website is www.stablebaseusa.xxx

Here's what I got from the site:

Product: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home x64 Edition Service Pack 2
(build 6002)
Notifications:
Important event: 12/20/2009 1:21:51 PM C:\...\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
(PID: 5828): Loading object , containing Trojan program Trojan.JS.Agent.axe.
Denied.

Used Aluminum Ladder Question? Bob_M Home Repair 9 September 2nd 05 07:47 AM
Property Ladder: Question about tonight's prog (Ch4) Crag UK diy 13 May 6th 05 07:24 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Last night's "Property Ladder": A Question Ted Woodley UK diy 20 January 15th 04 11:34 PM