Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The barn rebuild

For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy
amongst the rest:-)

Counting up over 50 years, this is the 9th. workshop I have created.
Perhaps the real purpose is continuity of the species rather than
propagation as they have only come one at a time.

From tree to very nearly finished this has kept me out of mischief for
three years.

regards

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz205/TimLamb/

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim, that's inspirational. And my word, I envy you all that space. My
garage-to-workshop conversion has proceeded in a series of fits and starts:
since I couldn't empty the garage completely, I've been lining out the walls
a bit at a time, shuffling the entire contents around as I went...

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 17, 8:48*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy
amongst the rest:-)

Counting up over 50 years, this is the 9th. workshop I have created.
Perhaps the real purpose is continuity of the species rather than
propagation as they have only come one at a time.

*From tree to very nearly finished this has kept me out of mischief for
three years.

regards

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz205/TimLamb/

--
Tim Lamb

Well done that man!

I like the presence of plenty of old gahoofing great big British
woodworking machines.

Care to list what you've got?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, Dom
Ostrowski writes
On Sep 17, 8:48*am, Tim Lamb wrote:
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy
amongst the rest:-)

Counting up over 50 years, this is the 9th. workshop I have created.
Perhaps the real purpose is continuity of the species rather than
propagation as they have only come one at a time.

*From tree to very nearly finished this has kept me out of mischief for
three years.

regards

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz205/TimLamb/

--
Tim Lamb

Well done that man!

I like the presence of plenty of old gahoofing great big British
woodworking machines.

Care to list what you've got?

If you insist...

The Meddings bench drill from Fourdrop.
Sedgewick morticer.
Sedgewick 6" cut table saw.
Wadkin Bursgreen pullover saw
Wadkin Bursgreen bandsaw
Startrite SD310 planer/thicknesser

On the metalwork side...

Kingsland 48" sheet metal folder
Progress 7/8" pillar drill
Boxford 41/2" centre lathe

None of the above has even been shown DC injection braking so I don't
plan to employ anyone!

If you want seriously old I have a Cooksley 6" (3hp, 3ph) cut table saw
gathering dust.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Tim Lamb

Well done that man!

I like the presence of plenty of old gahoofing great big British
woodworking machines.

Care to list what you've got?

If you insist...

The Meddings bench drill from Fourdrop.
Sedgewick morticer.
Sedgewick 6" cut table saw.
Wadkin Bursgreen pullover saw
Wadkin Bursgreen bandsaw
Startrite SD310 planer/thicknesser

On the metalwork side...

Kingsland 48" sheet metal folder

Now that is nice)...

Progress 7/8" pillar drill
Boxford 41/2" centre lathe

None of the above has even been shown DC injection braking so I don't
plan to employ anyone!

If you want seriously old I have a Cooksley 6" (3hp, 3ph) cut table saw
gathering dust.

regards

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy amongst
the rest:-)

Far too tidy :-)

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MuddyMike
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
.. .
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy amongst
the rest:-)

Far too tidy :-)

Just temporary.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

MuddyMike wrote:
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy
amongst the rest:-)

Far too tidy :-)

That new look.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy
amongst the rest:-)

Counting up over 50 years, this is the 9th. workshop I have created.
Perhaps the real purpose is continuity of the species rather than
propagation as they have only come one at a time.

From tree to very nearly finished this has kept me out of mischief for
three years.

regards

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz205/TimLamb/

Bloody show off:-)

But well done.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy
amongst the rest:-)

Counting up over 50 years, this is the 9th. workshop I have created.
Perhaps the real purpose is continuity of the species rather than
propagation as they have only come one at a time.

From tree to very nearly finished this has kept me out of mischief for
three years.

regards

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz205/TimLamb/

Bloody show off:-)

But well done.

Indeed. I shall have to cultivate his acquaintance..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
ARWadsworth wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy
amongst the rest:-)

Counting up over 50 years, this is the 9th. workshop I have created.
Perhaps the real purpose is continuity of the species rather than
propagation as they have only come one at a time.

From tree to very nearly finished this has kept me out of mischief for
three years.

regards

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz205/TimLamb/

Bloody show off:-)
But well done.

Indeed. I shall have to cultivate his acquaintance..

About 50 miles door to door:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
For the interest of those who have contributed and to create envy
amongst the rest:-)

Counting up over 50 years, this is the 9th. workshop I have created.
Perhaps the real purpose is continuity of the species rather than
propagation as they have only come one at a time.

From tree to very nearly finished this has kept me out of mischief for
three years.

regards

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/zz205/TimLamb/
Bloody show off:-)
But well done.

Indeed. I shall have to cultivate his acquaintance..

About 50 miles door to door:-)

oh-oh....., I would have kept that quieter.....
;)

Jim K

Enerpac cyl rebuild azotic Metalworking 6 December 24th 07 06:31 PM
Anyone ever rebuild a 760 pellet gun? wayne mak Metalworking 21 April 17th 06 11:07 PM
bridgeport rebuild [email protected] Metalworking 5 February 3rd 05 04:49 PM
Anvil Rebuild B.B. Metalworking 15 January 21st 05 02:32 AM
Craftsman TS rebuild Dan Cullimore Woodworking 10 August 31st 04 03:08 AM