Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher drainage pump running constantly with door open and nowater to drain.

Hi,

I had a problem with my Siemens dishwasher(SL65M350GB) whereby it
wouldn't drain. After emptying the water in the bottom of the washer
manually I took apart the bottom filters in the bottom of the
dishwasher unscrewed the pump cover and got to the impeller where I
found a rubber band wrapped round.

After clearing this band from the impeller as soon as I switch the power
on to the dishwasher the pump runs all the time even with the door open
and with no water to drain.

The washer then doesn't get past this it just keeps running in this mode.

I tried filling the bottom of the dishwasher with some water but this
which then drained but the pump kept on running and didn't make any
difference.

any ideas?

Cheers
Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:

I tried filling the bottom of the dishwasher with some water but this
which then drained but the pump kept on running and didn't make any
difference.

I had this with a Bosch. There was a float switch in the base of the
unit[1] that would run the pump if it filled with water. A slow drip
from the inlet valve joint had, over a couple of years, filled it and
finally tripped it.

[1] ie outside the usual water containing bits, 1/4" off the floor.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2011 12:24, Scott M wrote:
Chris wrote:

I tried filling the bottom of the dishwasher with some water but this
which then drained but the pump kept on running and didn't make any
difference.

I had this with a Bosch. There was a float switch in the base of the
unit[1] that would run the pump if it filled with water. A slow drip
from the inlet valve joint had, over a couple of years, filled it and
finally tripped it.

[1] ie outside the usual water containing bits, 1/4" off the floor.

Many Thanks Scott! - got the (integrated ) dishwasher out - tipped it
horizontally ( not the most elegant solution), water appeared and then
it started working normally.

Many Thanks again
Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:

Many Thanks Scott! - got the (integrated ) dishwasher out - tipped it
horizontally ( not the most elegant solution), water appeared and then
it started working normally.

Who needs elegant :-) Glad to be of help.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris wrote:

I tried filling the bottom of the dishwasher with some water but this
which then drained but the pump kept on running and didn't make any
difference.

I had this with a Bosch. There was a float switch in the base of the
unit[1] that would run the pump if it filled with water. A slow drip
from the inlet valve joint had, over a couple of years, filled it and
finally tripped it.

[1] ie outside the usual water containing bits, 1/4" off the floor.

I know this has now been resolved, but just a quick note for others that
may need it in the future. There is another type that instead of having
a water retaining base and a float switch, has an open base and a
microswitch held closed by a piece of sponge. When it gets wet, the foam
softens and the switch opens. To fix, you have to remove and dry the
sponge. In our case, it was not wet, it was just that over the years the
sponge had gradually compressed - sorted out by reversing the sponge.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:24:32 PM UTC+2, Scott M wrote:
Chris wrote:

I tried filling the bottom of the dishwasher with some water but this
which then drained but the pump kept on running and didn't make any
difference.

I had this with a Bosch. There was a float switch in the base of the
unit[1] that would run the pump if it filled with water. A slow drip
from the inlet valve joint had, over a couple of years, filled it and
finally tripped it.

[1] ie outside the usual water containing bits, 1/4" off the floor.

--
Scott

I was struggling with the same problem with a FAURE dishwasher after our kitchen had been flooded. Luckily I found these posts, tipped the dishwasher and emptied the water that had collected in the base and it is now working fine again. Many thanks!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/08/2014 21:15, John Williamson wrote:
On 18/08/2014 21:12, Vir Campestris wrote:

8X

It was built in; in the end we sold the house.

That was a bit drastic, wasn't it? :-)

Narrative hook - just to see if anyone was listening. Actually we
replaced the whole kitchen, that included.

Then 6 months later I was made redundant, and we moved - to a lovely
little cottage that we've had rewired and rethatched. Kitchen was on the
menu ... except I'm being made redundant again

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This helped me with a bosch dish washer machine. Thank you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/02/17 23:36, wrote:
This helped me with a bosch dish washer machine. Thank you!

What did?

Have you considered quoting the message to which you are replying?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If you are going to say things like this, remember many might not be able to
see the older posts in the thread so please quote the bits that are
important.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
This helped me with a bosch dish washer machine. Thank you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thank you all for the service! I followed your manoeuvre and it works!