Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Chris is offline

Default Dishwasher drainage pump running constantly with door open and nowater to drain.

Hi,

I had a problem with my Siemens dishwasher(SL65M350GB) whereby it
wouldn't drain. After emptying the water in the bottom of the washer
manually I took apart the bottom filters in the bottom of the
dishwasher unscrewed the pump cover and got to the impeller where I
found a rubber band wrapped round.

After clearing this band from the impeller as soon as I switch the power
on to the dishwasher the pump runs all the time even with the door open
and with no water to drain.

The washer then doesn't get past this it just keeps running in this mode.

I tried filling the bottom of the dishwasher with some water but this
which then drained but the pump kept on running and didn't make any
difference.

any ideas?

Cheers
Chris