Posted to alt.home.repair
volvomec

Default Whirlpool (Bauknecht) Dishwasher GSF4872 - evacuation pump doesn't stop running

and therefore the programme cycle doesn't move on...

There must be some sort of sensor that tells the dishwasher when it is
empty of water and can switch off the evacuation pump. I have checked
the diaphragm valve and it is ok. Could it be the "probe feeler" or
does any one else have any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance, Mark...

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

here's repair theory but i cant match your model at:

http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_9_1.asp#Level1_9

and the samurai appliance repairman is at:
http://fixitnow.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

volvomec wrote:
and therefore the programme cycle doesn't move on...

There must be some sort of sensor that tells the dishwasher when it is
empty of water and can switch off the evacuation pump. I have checked
the diaphragm valve and it is ok. Could it be the "probe feeler" or
does any one else have any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance, Mark...

Hi,

GSF4872

Model# appears too short and doesn't work for me on any searches.

evacuation pump doesn't stop running

Float stuck in the up position?

Some of the Bosch/European style dishwashers have a float ( behind the
fill valve often ) that will enage the drain pump only if the base has
water in it or if the float is stuck up ( thinks water is in the base
)...yours might be the same?!?!

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
volvomec

Hi Jeff - Yes I discovered there is a float with a magnet in it which
operates a reed switch and in addition there was a small fruit pip
stuck in the float chamber so I was convinced this would be the problem
- but alas no - the reed switch works, but the problem is still there.

The full model designation is GSF4872TW-WS or the model number 8546 372
01010.

Thanks in advance for any other ideas, Mark...

Posted to alt.home.repair
volvomec

Drawing and parts list (in German !) at
http://bauknecht.dw-gmbh.net/zeichnungen/gsf4872.pdf