Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tree stump grinding;

Looking at hire or paying for removal

will have several stumps to grind most are in rear garden with only 2ft 9in
access

the first is a conifer stump 40cm diameter approx

about 150mm above groung at present

what is the approx rate of material removal per hour with a hired grinder?

regards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 6, 12:46*pm, "TMC" wrote:
Looking at hire or paying for removal

will have several stumps to grind most are in rear garden with only 2ft 9in
access

Sharp mattock and a rugby player. It'll cost some beer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 6, 12:46*pm, "TMC" wrote:
Looking at hire or paying for removal

will have several stumps to grind most are in rear garden with only 2ft 9in
access

the first is a conifer stump 40cm diameter approx

about 150mm above groung at present

what is the approx rate of material removal per hour with a hired grinder?

regards

No-one can say there grinder would take it out in minutes (attached to
a tractor). (supposing you can get a tractor near the stumps).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message
Looking at hire or paying for removal

will have several stumps to grind most are in rear garden with only 2ft
9in access

Take your time and do it with a chisel as I have been doing. See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10808 and the next two
shots. I think it was here I saw the idea a few days ago, it works quite
well.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in
:

Looking at hire or paying for removal

will have several stumps to grind most are in rear garden with only
2ft 9in access

the first is a conifer stump 40cm diameter approx

As an aternative cut some slots into the top with a chainsaw and leave for
a year to rot ... that's what I've done with mine, and its worked. A lot
less faffing about than grinding.

Of course if they want the stump out now, they want it out now ... but they
do rot quickly.

--

All the best,

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MuddyMike wrote:
"TMC" wrote in message
Looking at hire or paying for removal

will have several stumps to grind most are in rear garden with only 2ft
9in access

Take your time and do it with a chisel as I have been doing. See
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10808 and the next two
shots. I think it was here I saw the idea a few days ago, it works quite
well.

Mike

drill holes, and fit bangers.

light blue touch paper....

Actually I burnt enough of a stump out by lighting fires on it and
digging away at the chaacoal..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 6, 6:57*pm, Chris Wilson wrote:

As an aternative cut some slots into the top with a chainsaw

A ****ing dangerous way to use a chainsaw, mind.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:

what is the approx rate of material removal per hour with a hired grinder?

Depends how many sharp teeth on it.
Here's one I did earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeXVDsgw2ew

No worry about the 2'9" gap this machine makes its own.

The little Dosko pedestrian controlled one costs about GBP250/day and will
take your stumps down to 250mm below ground in that less than that time.

AJH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
On Jun 6, 12:46*pm, "TMC" wrote:
Looking at hire or paying for removal

will have several stumps to grind most are in rear garden with only 2ft 9in
access

Sharp mattock and a rugby player. It'll cost some beer.

Possibly quite a lot of beer ...

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , andrew
writes
TMC wrote:

what is the approx rate of material removal per hour with a hired grinder?

Depends how many sharp teeth on it.
Here's one I did earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeXVDsgw2ew

No worry about the 2'9" gap this machine makes its own.

The little Dosko pedestrian controlled one costs about GBP250/day and will
take your stumps down to 250mm below ground in that less than that time.

I take it you don't have flints in the New Forest:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

I take it you don't have flints in the New Forest:-)

Plenty of pebbles in Windsor Great Park, I didn't realise I was being filmed
and you will note I started slewing to have a crack at right angles but
realised someone was in line of fire, that machine could fling a shopping
trolley 50 metres and you'd burn your hands picking it out of the
mulchings.

The big machine doesn't mind flints, I had to clear a borehole site for
anglian water and the chalky brash was covered with flints the size of my
hand, afterwards it looked like slivers of glass strewn over the site.

AJH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TMC wrote:
Looking at hire or paying for removal

will have several stumps to grind most are in rear garden with only
2ft 9in access

the first is a conifer stump 40cm diameter approx

about 150mm above groung at present

what is the approx rate of material removal per hour with a hired
grinder?

Way to go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz87a9KMmtE

HTH

--

Geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , andrew
writes
TMC wrote:

what is the approx rate of material removal per hour with a hired grinder?

Depends how many sharp teeth on it.
Here's one I did earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeXVDsgw2ew

Amazing, have you considered a sideline in mine clearance?
--
fred