Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Elec Car, BBC v Tesla

Interesting little snippet I came across:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01...r_shenanigans/

The truth will out :-)
Don
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:20:33 +0100
Donwill wrote:

Interesting little snippet I came across:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01...r_shenanigans/

The truth will out :-)
Don

I've decided to take the petrol lump out on my Mistubishi, it's nearly
11 anyway, and replace it with a 'leccy motor and a few rechargeable
PP9s. Then I'm planning to put the petrol lump with a genny into a
trailer with a big bit of 10mm T&E to convey the output to the main
vehicle.

This way the car will be a lightweight local runabout with, oh, 30 or
so miles range, but when I have to visit the aged parents down south
(you know, the place, south of Kendal, where it says on the map: "Here
be dragons") I can take the charger with me.

This 'leccy car stuff just needs some proper brains behind it!

R.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Donwill wrote:

Interesting little snippet I came across:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01...r_shenanigans/

The truth will out :-)

Today's Daily Telegraph features the new Renault electric "car" the
Twizy. It's more like a four-wheel motorbike or a large Sinclair C5. Two
seats one behind the other, no doors, no heater. Despite all of that it
only has a sixty mile range and that can fall to 30 or less if the route
includes hills.

It seems to be for mugs since it costs £7000 and there's a £45 a month
service charge to use it.

The most useful about it that I can see is that it provides clear
evidence of why it's important to build nuclear power stations. The CO2
emissions of the Twizy are 12g/km if used in France, 62g/km in the rest
of Europe. A Smart Car which is, a damn sight more useful is 85g/km.

It's interesting though that France's nuclear installation makes the use
of an electric car a real emissions saving measure and in the rest of
Europe, meh, better use a small diseasel.

Tesla Turbine Ken Davey Metalworking 25 October 15th 05 07:22 AM
Tesla Turbine [email protected] Metalworking 35 June 5th 05 07:07 PM
tesla turbine #4 [email protected] Metalworking 4 June 3rd 05 12:08 AM
Tesla Turbine #3 [email protected] Metalworking 0 May 31st 05 11:17 PM
tesla turbine questions Haaken Hveem Metalworking 27 March 5th 05 02:32 AM