Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow[_2_] TheOldFellow[_2_] is offline

Default Elec Car, BBC v Tesla

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:20:33 +0100
Donwill wrote:

Interesting little snippet I came across:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01...r_shenanigans/

The truth will out :-)
Don

I've decided to take the petrol lump out on my Mistubishi, it's nearly
11 anyway, and replace it with a 'leccy motor and a few rechargeable
PP9s. Then I'm planning to put the petrol lump with a genny into a
trailer with a big bit of 10mm T&E to convey the output to the main
vehicle.

This way the car will be a lightweight local runabout with, oh, 30 or
so miles range, but when I have to visit the aged parents down south
(you know, the place, south of Kendal, where it says on the map: "Here
be dragons") I can take the charger with me.

This 'leccy car stuff just needs some proper brains behind it!

R.