Default Tesla Turbine #3

first two were CD's on a skateboard bearing....

new turbine:

1 hard disk from a PC
1 2" piece of 1/8" tubing
1 small piece of plywood...
approximately 10 minutes
in the shop.

the disc's don't have end plates. No
back plate or exhaust plate.

The runners don't have exhaust holes...

I drilled 8 holes through the runners
for exhaust.

drilled a 2" hole in the case for exhaust

drilled a 1/8" hole in side of case for
nozzle.

1/8" tubing with a 45degree angle ground
off the end.

piece of plywood for keeping nozzle straight

Duct tape to hold it together.

now I have a case! The case for the hard
drive will fit right over the discs... it
isn't round like Tesla's design, but
it works....

I have no idea how many RPM's I'm getting.
it's going fast. There is no output shaft,
so I cannot connect a generator...

I might hook a meter up to the stepper
motor on back.. I might be able to get
some power out of the thing.

It's just like a gyroscope. Spin it fast
and hold it, and it wobbles in your
hand from ?centrifugal? force.

Rich

Tesla Turbine [email protected] Metalworking 35 June 5th 05 07:07 PM
tesla turbine questions Haaken Hveem Metalworking 27 March 5th 05 02:32 AM
HF turbine HVLP $30 !! AL Woodworking 0 February 11th 05 08:19 AM
leak from turbine ventilator Bill Athanasopoulos Home Repair 14 December 6th 04 01:29 PM
New turbine HVLP at HF for $50 ! AL Woodworking 13 November 1st 04 01:37 PM