Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Dust/Sand/Pollen on cars.

Did anyone else have a load of dust/sand/pollen on their cars this morning?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message ...
Did anyone else have a load of dust/sand/pollen on their cars this morning?

--
Adam

I noticed it yesterday morning (Manchester)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/04/2011 16:21, Graham. wrote:
wrote in message ...
Did anyone else have a load of dust/sand/pollen on their cars this morning?

--
Adam

I noticed it yesterday morning (Manchester)

Saharan dust again, according to the press. Sounds unlikely to me but
apparently true.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Did anyone else have a load of dust/sand/pollen on their cars this
morning? --
Adam

I noticed it yesterday morning (Manchester)

Well to be fair I have not washed the van for 18 months. However I used the
car this morning and that was cleaned on Monday. The car is not parked at
mine and I first thought maybe there had been some local dust (eg still saw)
but when I looked carefully all the cars on my street are covered in
whatever it is.

A few years ago (probably 5 or 6 years ago) it was pollen.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 21, 4:26*pm, Peter Scott wrote:
On 21/04/2011 16:21, Graham. wrote:

*wrote in ...
Did anyone else have a load of dust/sand/pollen on their cars this morning?

--
Adam

I noticed it yesterday morning (Manchester)

Saharan dust again, according to the press. Sounds unlikely to me but
apparently true.

It is ... we had this a few years ago in London, had a slightly
reddish tint. Not as bad as the unburned fuel the jets would dump just
before landing at Heathrow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

As long as it's not from **** Her Sheema...

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
Well to be fair I have not washed the van for 18 months.

That apprentice is really lazy. ;-)

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message ...
Did anyone else have a load of dust/sand/pollen on their cars this morning?

I noticed it yesterday morning (Manchester)

Yesterday too here in Leicester, most noticeable when peering down the
bonnet ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy
Burns writes
Graham. wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Did anyone else have a load of dust/sand/pollen on their cars this morning?

I noticed it yesterday morning (Manchester)

Yesterday too here in Leicester, most noticeable when peering down the
bonnet ...

I scanned that as "peeing"

one way to clean it I suppose

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Happens from time to time. Why do you feel it's unlikely?

I am sure they are right about it. It's a long way from North Africa and
we haven't had extreme winds as far as I know. Spose it's the jet stream?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Peter Scott wrote:

Happens from time to time. Why do you feel it's unlikely?

I am sure they are right about it. It's a long way from North Africa and
we haven't had extreme winds as far as I know. Spose it's the jet stream?

Don't know, but here's a satellite picture of it happening:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0415083327.htm

AIUI, even before you get as high as the jet streams, the winds in
the lower atmosphere don't always bear much relationship to those we
experience on the ground.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:04:40 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article ,
Peter Scott wrote:

Happens from time to time. Why do you feel it's unlikely?

I am sure they are right about it. It's a long way from North Africa and
we haven't had extreme winds as far as I know. Spose it's the jet stream?

I recall it happening years ago and that's also what they said back
then. There would need to have been a dust storm in the Sahara and if
that kicks the dust up high enough then I imagine the jet stream could
pick it up. I haven't looked into this specifically (as in google for
dust storm etc etc) but we do have a high pressure at the moment so I
think the JS is to the south at present.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/jetstream.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2011 10:34, Nick Leverton wrote:
In ,
Peter wrote:

Happens from time to time. Why do you feel it's unlikely?

I am sure they are right about it. It's a long way from North Africa and
we haven't had extreme winds as far as I know. Spose it's the jet stream?

Don't know, but here's a satellite picture of it happening:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0415083327.htm

AIUI, even before you get as high as the jet streams, the winds in
the lower atmosphere don't always bear much relationship to those we
experience on the ground.

Nick

What a great picture! Proof if ever there was any. The cloud ain't red
though!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth
writes
Did anyone else have a load of dust/sand/pollen on their cars this morning?

Scotlandshire had it too, today was the first visit to the car in a
couple of days.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y