Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The German Window Company

It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation and non payment. A direct
response may prejudice our case.
However, speaking generally about the type of customer that one rarely
comes across, in the 40 years I have personally been in business,
there is one type that demands like no other and should be avoided.
Quite often this customer is ill prepared with no real idea of the
design or the product they actually want. They usually work without an
architect to guide them. They chop and change with design and
specification and manage to confuse all concerned, and then cast blame
at the supplier to cover their own inadequate knowledge.
At The German Window Company we have a procedure where the customer
has the opportunity to approve the final details before manufacture.
It is therefore too late when the product arrives after they have
approved the drawings, to be told that it does not match what they
want. This type of difficult customer generally does not want to
cancel the order at the early stages with a refund of their deposit
offered, nor does this type of customer want a new product
manufactured at no cost to themselves. This type of customer takes
delight in causing maximum fuss and aggrravation. I strongly advise
anyone in business to aviod this type of customer.
Speaking on behalf of my company, Chris Kingwell Sales Organisation
Ltd, it should be noted that the company was founded in 2002. We use
the trading name of The German Window Company. We also own The German
Window Company Ltd which we choose not to operate and is therefore a
dormant company. Chris Kingwell Sales Organisation Ltd is totally
solvent and produced a healthy profit in the last trading year.
We have worked hard to achieve ISO 9001 and Trustmark accreditation.
Our exceptional performance as a window and door company can be viewed
via the Consumer Protection Association who produce regular survey
reports directly from our customer feed back . We are proud of our
performance and if a client requests, I shall be pleased to oversee
their project.

Chris Kingwell
Managing Director
Chris Kingwell SalesOrganisation Ltd
t/a The German Window Company
Posted to uk.d-i-y

chris wrote:
It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation and non payment. .......

I am suddenly overwhelmed by an urge to buy your windows..... NOT!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember chris
saying something like:

It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation

If your windows deform I'm not surprised you have ****ed-off customers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

chris wrote:
Snip

Chris Kingwell
Managing Director
Chris Kingwell SalesOrganisation Ltd
t/a The German Window Company

So, you feel it necessary to defend yourself vociferously against
something which may or may not have been said in this newsgroup, while
attacking the do-it-yourself ethos of the newsgroup.

You don't give any hint as to what the problem may have been, but seem
to be of the opinion that anyone ordering from you who is either not
formally qualified in building design or who has decided not to employ
such a person for the very good reason that in their opnion they are
capable of running a project without employing one is almost
automatically a problem customer.

Well, I think *I* get the message. Of course, it may not be the message
you want me to get.....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 25, 5:09 pm, chris wrote:
It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation and non payment. A direct
response may prejudice our case.

presumably a coreect spilling of defamation may asisst....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:09 pm, chris wrote:
It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation and non payment. A direct
response may prejudice our case.

presumably a coreect spilling of defamation may asisst...

Or even a correct one? ;-)

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message

It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation

If your windows deform I'm not surprised you have ****ed-off customers.

This is usenet, not a spelling competition.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:

Chris Kingwell
Managing Director
Chris Kingwell SalesOrganisation Ltd
t/a The German Window Company

3) you are trying to defend yourself against claims made years ago, which no
one but you can see

That sort of proves one of the claims, then.

4) for anyone interested: http://snipurl.com/27ov2x

Not really, but it proves that I don't need to put them on my "do not do
business with" list, as they're well out of my area.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...
4) for anyone interested:
http://snipurl.com/27ov2x

Blank page - probably about as interesting as the real thing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 25, 6:35 pm, Tim wrote:
Jim K wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:09 pm, chris wrote:
It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation and non payment. A direct
response may prejudice our case.

presumably a coreect spilling of defamation may asisst...

Or even a correct one? ;-)

Tim

spot any other deliberate mishtakes sherlock? ;)

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Skipweasel wrote:
In article ,
says...
4) for anyone interested:
http://snipurl.com/27ov2x

Blank page - probably about as interesting as the real thing.

A thread from this group consisting of four posts from 2008 and late
2010 askng for and giving information about the company.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
chris writes

Who the **** are you

and what the **** are you on about

and does anyone really give a ****

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 25, 7:23 pm, John Williamson
wrote:
Skipweasel wrote:
In article ,
says...
4) for anyone interested:http://snipurl.com/27ov2x

Blank page - probably about as interesting as the real thing.

A thread from this group consisting of four posts from 2008 and late
2010 askng for and giving information about the company.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

indeed - even a google groups search brings that up.......

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Skipweasel wrote:
In article ,
says...
4) for anyone interested:http://snipurl.com/27ov2x
Blank page - probably about as interesting as the real thing.

A thread from this group consisting of four posts from 2008 and late
2010 askng for and giving information about the company.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

indeed - even a google groups search brings that up.......

The snipurl given leads to a Google Groups page, and GG seem to be
having problems serving usenet archive pages reliably lately.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:09:42 -0700, chris wrote:

It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation and non payment.

It's a very twisted legal case, obviously! .-)

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "GB"
saying something like:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message

It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages due to
pending legal action for deformation

If your windows deform I'm not surprised you have ****ed-off customers.

This is usenet, not a spelling competition.

It's ****ing illiteracy, that's what it is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Phil L
writes
Skipweasel wrote:
In article ,
says...
4) for anyone interested:
http://snipurl.com/27ov2x

Blank page - probably about as interesting as the real thing.

I tried snipping that url about 3 or 4 times and none of them will work, GG
seems to be denying access from snipurl....

I've found http://tinyurl.com better for creating short links, they
don't insist on automatic browser redirection being enabled so the
viewer can preview where the link is going before you follow it. For
those that don't know how to do this you can insert 'preview' into any
tinyurl so you can see where you are being sent before you follow the
link
eg. http://preview.tinyurl.com/6kyjxs2

By contrast, snipurl insist on automatic browser redirection so it is a
spammers, affiliate scammers and viral propagaters wet dream.

Basically it was a thread from this froup, one person, Adele Porter I think,
had quite a lot to say about them, mostly being cowboys and them going
bankrupt.

The OP has obviously found this via google and idiotically, has decided to
draw attention to a post that is about 3 years old

Absolutely
--
fred

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:50:58 +0000, fred wrote:

I've found http://tinyurl.com better for creating short links, they
don't insist on automatic browser redirection being enabled so the
viewer can preview where the link is going before you follow it. For
those that don't know how to do this you can insert 'preview' into any
tinyurl so you can see where you are being sent before you follow the
link
eg. http://preview.tinyurl.com/6kyjxs2

And there's goo.gl

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "GB"
saying something like:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message

It is difficult for me to respond directly to specific messages
due to pending legal action for deformation

If your windows deform I'm not surprised you have ****ed-off
customers.

This is usenet, not a spelling competition.

It's ****ing illiteracy, that's what it is.

****ing literacy, literally.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

chris wrote:

[snip ill-educated rant]

Chris Kingwell
Managing Director
Chris Kingwell SalesOrganisation Ltd
t/a The German Window Company

Well, as someone currently in the market for £20,000+ of windows, I have
to offer you my profound thanks for your post. You have, at a stroke,
eliminated your company from any possibility of consideration.

Fortunately window companies are 10 per p.

Jeesus on a bike, why is it that the nutters have never heard of a spool
chucker or even the concept of "the paragraph"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

This is usenet, not a spelling competition.

It's ****ing illiteracy, that's what it is.

So is Grimly Curmudgeon. Either Grim Curmudgeon or Grimly Curmudgeonly,
please. But congratulations on the good role-playing.

--
Murphy's ultimate law is that if something that could go wrong doesn't,
it turns out that it would have been better if it had gone wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:

Fortunately window companies are 10 per p.

But not 10p per window.

We had all our large sash windows (16) restored
by The Original Box Sash Window Co (a UK company, I think)
about 5 years ago.

They did a beautiful job, but it was incredibly expensive.
Fortunately the local council paid half (it is a listed building).
The company used the old glass in most cases,
but made new frames.

The planning authority wouldn't let us put in double glazing,
even though the windows looked identical to me.

It's made a big difference, as we were frightened to open the windows
before, and the window cleaner wouldn't clean most of them (too high).

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "GB"
saying something like:

It's ****ing illiteracy, that's what it is.

So is Grimly Curmudgeon. Either Grim Curmudgeon or Grimly Curmudgeonly,
please. But congratulations on the good role-playing.

And you'd be wrong.
Next!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Timothy Murphy wrote:

We had all our large sash windows (16) restored
by The Original Box Sash Window Co (a UK company, I think)
about 5 years ago.

That is the job that I have to undertake.

They did a beautiful job, but it was incredibly expensive.
Fortunately the local council paid half (it is a listed building).

The local authority here won't contribute to listed building
rennovations - they just lay down the law about how the work is to be
done. Although TBH they know less about it than I do. I've removated
many sash windows in the past, but time is against me this time around
and I need to get the work done relatively quickly.

The company used the old glass in most cases, but made new frames.

We had some of the earlier windows in the house - some of them were
reclaimed 17thC windows re-used in an 18thC house - replaced a few years
ago. These were leaded lights. I got a local chap to remake the windows
using the old glass and he did a first class job. I had to fight the LBO
kicking and screaming all the way, she wanted us to use a particular
company who would ahve charged 4x as much for the work. I supected and
still suspect kick-back as the motivation for her preference.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "GB"
saying something like:

So is Grimly Curmudgeon. Either Grim Curmudgeon or Grimly
Curmudgeonly, please. But congratulations on the good role-playing.

And you'd be wrong.
Next!

You mean it's not role-playing and you are normally like this? Poor you!

You seem to have missed the point. Your grammatical attack was a
misfire, a dud, as we have entered the realm of Proper Names and normal
rules do not apply. I can call myself anything I like.

As for being a real curmudgeonly grimster, you don't know the half of
it. Count yourself lucky.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , GB
writes
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
It's ****ing illiteracy, that's what it is.

So is Grimly Curmudgeon. Either Grim Curmudgeon or Grimly
Curmudgeonly, please. But congratulations on the good role-playing.

And you'd be wrong.
Next!

You mean it's not role-playing and you are normally like this? Poor you!

No, he's normally a proper ****

he seems to be being a bit restrained for some reason

--
geoff