Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_2_] Timothy Murphy[_2_] is offline

Default The German Window Company

Steve Firth wrote:

Fortunately window companies are 10 per p.

But not 10p per window.

We had all our large sash windows (16) restored
by The Original Box Sash Window Co (a UK company, I think)
about 5 years ago.

They did a beautiful job, but it was incredibly expensive.
Fortunately the local council paid half (it is a listed building).
The company used the old glass in most cases,
but made new frames.

The planning authority wouldn't let us put in double glazing,
even though the windows looked identical to me.

It's made a big difference, as we were frightened to open the windows
before, and the window cleaner wouldn't clean most of them (too high).

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net