Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cats

I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and have now
had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and
have now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

How do you know that the cats have had a ****? Most cats bury their ****.

Do you spend your free days (ie when not at the dole office) fingering your
soil or flowerbeds?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mr Pounder
writes
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and have now
had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?

Your own experience suggests that it might work.

I don't have a dog (or a cat) and, as far as I know, I don't have any
neighbourhood cats pooing anywhere in my garden. I am therefore in no
position to carry out the test for you. I'm afraid you'll have to try it
for yourself.

I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

If you find that dog poo doesn't work, I understand that lion or tiger
poo is very effective. You could try approaching your local zoo to see
if they have any to spare.
--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and
have now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

How do you know that the cats have had a ****? Most cats bury their ****.

Do you spend your free days (ie when not at the dole office) fingering
your soil or flowerbeds?

--
Adam

The cats kick up the wood chipping in the flower beds and then have a ****.
They do not bother to sweep the wood chippings back over their ****.

I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my life.
Is that okay with you, big mouth?

Mr Pounder

Posted to uk.d-i-y

****.
I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my
life. Is that okay with you, big mouth?

And I thought that we were friends.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

I do not like to be called a ******.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my life.

Presumably if you're now retired, you *are* receiving pennies from
the state, ie your state pension?

And are you really saying you've never benefitted from the state
in any way? Are there no streetlights where you've lived, no public
highways, no fire service, no armed forces?

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Mr Pounder
writes
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and have
now
had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?

Your own experience suggests that it might work.

I don't have a dog (or a cat) and, as far as I know, I don't have any
neighbourhood cats pooing anywhere in my garden. I am therefore in no
position to carry out the test for you. I'm afraid you'll have to try it
for yourself.

Thanks for the tips.

I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

If you find that dog poo doesn't work, I understand that lion or tiger poo
is very effective. You could try approaching your local zoo to see if they
have any to spare.

I have also heard of this and will look on ebay for material.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/03/2011 21:03, Mr Pounder wrote:
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

I wouldn't want a criminal record either.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

If you find that dog poo doesn't work, I understand that lion or tiger
poo is very effective. You could try approaching your local zoo to see if
they have any to spare.

I have also heard of this and will look on ebay for material.

dunno about lion ****, but ebay has loads of bull****

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I prefer the term "strong in arm" not ******. However I do not remember
calling you a ******.
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT), jgharston
wrote:

Mr Pounder wrote:
I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my life.

Presumably if you're now retired, you *are* receiving pennies from
the state, ie your state pension?

Not necessarily - he might not be old enough to qualify for a state
pension yet.

I'm retired, but am "only" 62 :-)

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/03/2011 21:14, ARWadsworth wrote:
Mr wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and
have now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

How do you know that the cats have had a ****? Most cats bury their ****.

Not around here they don't. Used to years ago but not now.

Do you spend your free days (ie when not at the dole office) fingering your
soil or flowerbeds?

You should not assume others are like you.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/03/2011 21:03, Mr Pounder wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and have now
had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?

I doubt it. We don't have a dog these days but my Daughter's dog visits
regularly. We also have nightly, and sometimes daily, visits by foxes,
who also poo all over the place. Often have badgers also. Hasn't
stopped the cats yet, and they don't bury it.

I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 21, 9:03*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and have now
had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Cat
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and
have now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

How do you know that the cats have had a ****? Most cats bury their
****.

Not around here they don't. Used to years ago but not now.

Do you spend your free days (ie when not at the dole office)
fingering your soil or flowerbeds?

You should not assume others are like you.

And you should not fall for one of Mr Pounders AKA Steve windups.

I hope that there are no others like me as you can only have one God

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Frank Erskine wrote:
Not necessarily - he might not be old enough to qualify for a state
pension yet.

I'm retired, but am "only" 62 :-)

Good point. I'm 42, but I get the feeling the Job Centre wishes
I could retire and stop pestering them, particularly as they
penalise me for actually owning a pension.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mr Pounder
writes

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and
have now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

How do you know that the cats have had a ****? Most cats bury their ****.

Do you spend your free days (ie when not at the dole office) fingering
your soil or flowerbeds?

--
Adam

The cats kick up the wood chipping in the flower beds and then have a ****.
They do not bother to sweep the wood chippings back over their ****.

I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my life.
Is that okay with you, big mouth?

Not even the old age pension?

Never seen a doctor ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Frank Erskine
writes
wrote:

Mr Pounder wrote:
I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my life.

Presumably if you're now retired, you *are* receiving pennies from
the state, ie your state pension?

Not necessarily - he might not be old enough to qualify for a state
pension yet.

I'm retired, but am "only" 62 :-)

Still a couple of years off renting a cottage in the isle of wight (if
it's not too dear) then

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mr Pounder
writes

So its true - you can buy all sorts of **** on ebay

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:

I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and have
now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

work out how you can allow the dog in the front garden as well.
--
zaax
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and
have now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

How do you know that the cats have had a ****? Most cats bury their ****.

Do you spend your free days (ie when not at the dole office) fingering
your soil or flowerbeds?

--
Adam

The cats kick up the wood chipping in the flower beds and then have a ****.
They do not bother to sweep the wood chippings back over their ****.

dig it in. makes plants grow well.
I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my life.
Is that okay with you, big mouth?

Mr Pounder

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:31:37 -0700 (PDT), jgharston
wrote:

Frank Erskine wrote:
Not necessarily - he might not be old enough to qualify for a state
pension yet.

I'm retired, but am "only" 62 :-)

Good point. I'm 42, but I get the feeling the Job Centre wishes
I could retire and stop pestering them, particularly as they
penalise me for actually owning a pension.

I retired six years ago (give or take a few days) and have had _one_
pension increase of ca. 3% a couple of years ago. That's all - so much
for so-called "gold-plated" pensions.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mr Pounder
writes

[...]

Lots of Fox poo about nowadays. They like to leave it in prominent
places, advertising perhaps!

Tends to be more solid than that produced by cats and has pointy ends.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

"When not at the dole office" is near enough for me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jgharston" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my life.

Presumably if you're now retired, you *are* receiving pennies from
the state, ie your state pension?

And are you really saying you've never benefitted from the state
in any way? Are there no streetlights where you've lived, no public
highways, no fire service, no armed forces?

JGH

That is not what I meant and well you know it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr wrote:
I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and
have now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

How do you know that the cats have had a ****? Most cats bury their
****.

Not around here they don't. Used to years ago but not now.

Do you spend your free days (ie when not at the dole office)
fingering your soil or flowerbeds?

You should not assume others are like you.

And you should not fall for one of Mr Pounders AKA Steve windups.

I hope that there are no others like me as you can only have one God

--
Adam

Not a windup, it was a question.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/2011 10:47, Mr Pounder wrote:
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
[...]

Right, so as well as possible advocating killing animals in an extremely
painful manner, you're now saying that anyone unfortunate enough to find
themselves out of work is a ******?

Do you have to get up extra early to be this offensive and idiotic, or
is it a natural character trait?

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.UselessInfo.org.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message
On 21/03/2011 21:03, Mr Pounder wrote:
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

I wouldn't want a criminal record either.

Colin Bignell

For being forgetful and leaving some on *my* driveway whilst topping up the
car?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"zaax" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:

I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and have
now had more than enough.
We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden.
There is no cat poo in the back garden.
If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats?
I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

work out how you can allow the dog in the front garden as well.
--
zaax

Too much barking. This will annoy the neighbours who own the cats.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

b.com...
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
wrote in message
Mr wrote:

I did not say that anybody out of work is a ******.

Do you have to get up extra early to be this offensive and idiotic, or
is it a natural character trait?

Have I upset you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

b.com...
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
[...]

Not especially, I find you mildly amusing and very pitiable.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.UselessInfo.org.uk
www.ThePhoneLocker.co.uk
www.GSM-Solutions.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Mr wrote:
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
wrote in message
Mr wrote:
[...]

Well it serves to pass the idle hours...

Do you have to get up extra early to be this offensive and idiotic, or
is it a natural character trait?

In my case, both.

But I am actually being quite nice today.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cats will always **** on newly worked soil in preference to bark
chippings, so you could keep a small patch that you turn over every week
or so. If the one using it is young and fit, you shouldn't have trouble
with other cats.
A water pistol is the other option. Takes patience but one direct hit
and you won't see them again.
I quite like the little buggers. Such elegant creatures
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
Cats will always **** on newly worked soil in preference to bark
chippings, so you could keep a small patch that you turn over every week
or so. If the one using it is young and fit, you shouldn't have trouble
with other cats.
A water pistol is the other option. Takes patience but one direct hit
and you won't see them again.
I quite like the little buggers. Such elegant creatures

Cat heaven for crapwork is a pile of sharp sand...DAMHIKT :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stuart noble" wrote in message
Cats will always **** on newly worked soil in preference to bark
chippings, so you could keep a small patch that you turn over every week
or so. If the one using it is young and fit, you shouldn't have trouble
with other cats.
A water pistol is the other option. Takes patience but one direct hit and
you won't see them again.
I quite like the little buggers. Such elegant creatures

There are 3 of the bloody things and I like my chippings. They also **** on
the soil.
Water pistol yes, but they sneak in under the cover of darkness.
Their **** goes right back into their owners garden, his cats - his ****.

Cheers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

I thought that you had thicker skin than that.
--
Adam

FAT CATS Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 2 November 10th 08 06:17 PM
Cats EXT Home Repair 0 February 3rd 08 10:02 PM
LET AIR IN KEEP CATS OUT svmsbb UK diy 6 March 4th 07 01:19 PM
Why is a cats head call a cats head? TheAndroid Metalworking 11 January 17th 06 09:42 AM
OT-Cats Gunner Metalworking 29 December 29th 03 06:04 PM