Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Useless!

Ordered a new DWD drive for my PC (thatnks to that nice Mr Rumm for
his help yet again) from EBuyer.

Their web site xmas delivery page said stuff ordered on Weds would be
delivered on Thurs, so i paid £8 extra for the service.

Tracked the order on City Link web site which said delivery Thurs
between 7.30 & 12.00.

Still not here.

Eventually got the local City Link depot to answer their phone this
morning - the parcel isn't even there!

"We have a backlog due to the snow".

Why do people tell porkies on their websites?

Another day wasted. PC it bits on dining room table. SWMBO not happy
with mess or me pinching her PC :-(

Dave TMH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 04:35:27 -0800 (PST), The Medway Handyman wrote:

"We have a backlog due to the snow".

When did the last significant amount (ie 2") of snow fall in the SE?
Or come that near the e-Buyer warehouse, up near Manchester? I think
they have several warhehouse but IIRC thier website tells you from
which one it has been dispatched.

Even up here where we had 8' drifts and blocked roads 2 to 3 weeks
ago all we have now is the remnants of the bigger drifts a couple of
feet deep at the most, the roads have been fine since way before
Christmas.

If they know they have a back log WTF arent they working 24/7, or at
least 0730-1930 every day, to clear it? I'd let them off not working
the 25th or tommorow but their vans should be out all other days.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 31, 1:05*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
[...]

The ebuyer warehouse is at Howdendyke about 20 miles from Hull and
about ten miles from me. We did have serious amounts of snow (around
12") but the critical routes were cleared pretty quickly. The carriers
seem to have made much of the effects of the road conditions but
probably more than justified.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Ordered a new DWD drive for my PC (thatnks to that nice Mr Rumm for
his help yet again) from EBuyer.

Their web site xmas delivery page said stuff ordered on Weds would be
delivered on Thurs, so i paid £8 extra for the service.

Tracked the order on City Link web site which said delivery Thurs
between 7.30 & 12.00.

Still not here.

Eventually got the local City Link depot to answer their phone this
morning - the parcel isn't even there!

"We have a backlog due to the snow".

Why do people tell porkies on their websites?

Another day wasted. PC it bits on dining room table. SWMBO not happy
with mess or me pinching her PC :-(

Dave TMH

IMO City Stink are about the most useless delivery agents on the
planet. I keep telling on-line suppliers that if they send another one
via City Skunk it'll be the last order they get from me. And that
includes Amazon.

They sent my last book order via Glasgow depot, just as the snow
started to fall.....

Commiserations.

R.

P.S. is a DWD drive like a DVD drive, but with a stutter?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 06:06:47 -0800 (PST), cynic wrote:

The ebuyer warehouse is at Howdendyke about 20 miles from Hull and
about ten miles from me. We did have serious amounts of snow (around
12") but the critical routes were cleared pretty quickly.

Ta, just off J37 of the M62. I knew I'd seen at least one e-Buyer
warehouse from a motorway. So not a few miles down ordinary A roads
in the middle of nowwhere.

I wonder where the City Link depot is? Howdendyke is also not a
million miles from Goole either, are the docks there still in use?
I'd expect the council to clear access from the docks to the motorway
as a priority but some councils do seem to have a problem with
clearing obvious priority routes, like those leading to/from
hospitals and fire stations...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Ordered a new DWD drive for my PC (thatnks to that nice Mr Rumm for
his help yet again) from EBuyer.

Their web site xmas delivery page said stuff ordered on Weds would be
delivered on Thurs, so i paid £8 extra for the service.

Tracked the order on City Link web site which said delivery Thurs
between 7.30 & 12.00.

Still not here.

Eventually got the local City Link depot to answer their phone this
morning - the parcel isn't even there!

"We have a backlog due to the snow".

I placed an internet order on a site that said the company was closed
until next Tuesday and on Tuesday placed an order with Amazon for
software that it said would be delivered next week. Both orders came
today. You can't rely on anyone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Peter Johnson wrote:

I placed an internet order on a site that said the company was closed
until next Tuesday and on Tuesday placed an order with Amazon for
software that it said would be delivered next week. Both orders came
today. You can't rely on anyone.

I placed two orders yesterday - one with bitsbox.co.uk and one with
amazon. Both turned up this morning via normal postie.

I was impressed. No idea what they've done with my order from Zavvi that
was dispatched on the 7th December though...

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/12/2010 13:05, Dave Liquorice wrote:

When did the last significant amount (ie2") of snow fall in the SE?

Just before Christmas. In fact there's still a little of it about,
where we cleared it into piles.

Mind I don't see why the 4 inches we got should have caused the problems
it did.

Andy