Posted to uk.d-i-y
cynic cynic is offline

Default Useless!

On Dec 31, 1:05*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 04:35:27 -0800 (PST), The Medway Handyman wrote:
"We have a backlog due to the snow".

When did the last significant amount (ie 2") of snow fall in the SE?
Or come that near the e-Buyer warehouse, up near Manchester? I think
they have several warhehouse but IIRC thier website tells you from
which one it has been dispatched.

Even up here where we had 8' drifts and blocked roads 2 to 3 weeks
ago all we have now is the remnants of the bigger drifts a couple of
feet deep at the most, the roads have been fine since way before
Christmas.

If they know they have a back log WTF arent they working 24/7, or at
least 0730-1930 every day, to clear it? I'd let them off not working
the 25th or tommorow but their vans should be out all other days.

--
Cheers
Dave.

The ebuyer warehouse is at Howdendyke about 20 miles from Hull and
about ten miles from me. We did have serious amounts of snow (around
12") but the critical routes were cleared pretty quickly. The carriers
seem to have made much of the effects of the road conditions but
probably more than justified.