Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best treatment for decking

I have fairly new decking to treat . Softwood ( pine ) only suppliers
presevative & never had anything else on ...
From what I've read deck oil is best but which one ?
Apparently Cuprinol and Ronseal are crap
Would welcome any advice from the experience of those on here .

Cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I have fairly new decking to treat . Softwood ( pine ) only suppliers
presevative & never had anything else on ...
From what I've read deck oil is best but which one ?
Apparently Cuprinol and Ronseal are crap
Would welcome any advice from the experience of those on here .

Cheers

I'm currently using Liberon decking oil. It gives a nice finish, and seems
to be fairly water-repelling. On the other hand, it is quite expensive, and
2 or 3 coats are required before the wood stops soaking it up. I've only
been using it for 6 months, so I don't know what its long-term performance
is like.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I have fairly new decking to treat . Softwood ( pine ) only suppliers
presevative & never had anything else on ...

Stick with decking oil. Much easier to recoat in the future and retains a
natural look.

From what I've read deck oil is best but which one ?

Never found much difference TBH.

Apparently Cuprinol and Ronseal are crap

According to who?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying
something like:

I have fairly new decking to treat .

Petrol, match.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Oct, 14:28, wrote:

Apparently Cuprinol and Ronseal are crap

I've used Ronseal decking oil and found it excellent.

Mathew

The decking treatment of choice? A.Lee UK diy 11 July 21st 08 09:59 PM
Decking oil or Decking stain+presertive Mike P UK diy 12 July 4th 07 01:59 PM
Decking Dave UK diy 3 June 9th 07 12:57 PM
Decking [email protected] UK diy 8 May 9th 07 12:19 AM
Decking LetterBee UK diy 6 April 2nd 05 02:59 PM