Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Answer to a maidens prayer

TLC Direct are selling spare nozzles for tubes of silicone/gripfill/caulk

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FXNOZ.html

Pack of 6 for 99p.

At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9 Oct, 11:07, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them.

I'm surprised. Although I have trouble with this, I thought you'd have
enough turnover that yours were getting used up fast enough not to
start setting in the tube?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them.

I'm surprised. Although I have trouble with this, I thought you'd have
enough turnover that yours were getting used up fast enough not to
start setting in the tube?

Doesn't work out like that because I do lots of little jobs. And they come
it fits & starts I might re seal three baths/showers one week, then not do
one for three weeks.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 11:45:16 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Doesn't work out like that because I do lots of little jobs. And they
come it fits & starts I might re seal three baths/showers one week,
then not do one for three weeks.

Don't you use the screw on caps? I've just opened up a tube of frame
sealant that I last used so long ago I can't remember what it was on.
It's brown and I don't think I've used it on this place and we've
been here 11 years... I was more than half expecting it to be one
solid lump but no, easily removed cap, stuff still fluid in the tip
of the nozzle. It is quite hard work in the gun but still sticks and
sets as normal.

When I put a cap on I make sure that the nozzle has bit of whatever
goop it is sticking out of the end or on the sides of the tip. Makes
a good seal between cap and nozzle that way keeping the air out or
volatiles from evaporating.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Answer to a maidens prayer"

"At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them"

....at which point me mind was boggling somewhat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them.

I'm surprised. Although I have trouble with this, I thought you'd
have enough turnover that yours were getting used up fast enough not
to start setting in the tube?

Doesn't work out like that because I do lots of little jobs. And
they come it fits & starts I might re seal three baths/showers one
week, then not do one for three weeks.

That's the problem with simple tubes of silicone sealant - they give so much
trouble to you, The Meddling Half-wit.

What will this fool come up with in the next episode of his drama queen
saga?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 19:34:36 +0100, Unbeliever wrote:

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them.

I'm surprised. Although I have trouble with this, I thought you'd have
enough turnover that yours were getting used up fast enough not to
start setting in the tube?

Doesn't work out like that because I do lots of little jobs. And they
come it fits & starts I might re seal three baths/showers one week,
then not do one for three weeks.

That's the problem with simple tubes of silicone sealant - they give so
much trouble to you, The Meddling Half-wit.

What will this fool come up with in the next episode of his drama queen
saga?

What else will this Unbeliever fool come up with in his ongoing jealousy
of a successful businessman?

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
[...]

Very rare to get a screw on caps with the stuff I buy. You tend to get caps
with £6:99 a tube stuff in B&Q, but not with the £1:99 stuff I buy online.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Unbeliever" wrote in message

When will you **** off & die?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them.

I'm surprised. Although I have trouble with this, I thought you'd have
enough turnover that yours were getting used up fast enough not to
start setting in the tube?

Doesn't work out like that because I do lots of little jobs. And they
come it fits & starts I might re seal three baths/showers one week,
then not do one for three weeks.

That's the problem with simple tubes of silicone sealant - they give so
much trouble to you, The Meddling Half-wit.

What will this fool come up with in the next episode of his drama queen
saga?

What else will this Unbeliever fool come up with in his ongoing jealousy
of a successful businessman?

Nail, hit, head Bob.

I can only assume this outburst is because his Giro is late, his Chalfont's
are playing up, or his caravan is leaking.

A sad & bitter man.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 23:50:12 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Very rare to get a screw on caps with the stuff I buy. You tend to get
caps with £6:99 a tube stuff in B&Q, but not with the £1:99 stuff I buy
online.

Well they are reuseable. Spend 15 mins faffing about unblocking a
cheapo nozzle and that's enough money wasted to buy an "expensive"
tube of goop with a cap...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 9 Oct 2010 23:50:12 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Very rare to get a screw on caps with the stuff I buy. You tend to get
caps with £6:99 a tube stuff in B&Q, but not with the £1:99 stuff I buy
online.

Well they are reuseable. Spend 15 mins faffing about unblocking a
cheapo nozzle and that's enough money wasted to buy an "expensive"
tube of goop with a cap...

Even cheaper to buy replacement nozzles :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

On 9 Oct,
"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

What else will this Unbeliever fool come up with in his ongoing jealousy
of a successful businessman?

Nail, hit, head Bob.

I can only assume this outburst is because his Giro is late, his Chalfont's
are playing up, or his caravan is leaking.

A sad & bitter man.

Why don't you just KF him? I don't see him, just your replies to him.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them.

I'm surprised. Although I have trouble with this, I thought you'd have
enough turnover that yours were getting used up fast enough not to
start setting in the tube?

Yes I don't use that many of them, but a 2" nail bunged down the nozzle
does a very good job of sealing them for me... when one tube runs out
mid-job, I swap the current nozzle over to the new tube and keep using
it, which generates a spare nozzle - this way I always seem to have
adequate spares lying around for those occasions when I do get a
blockage. Can't say I've ever had the need to try and buy spares.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/2010 7:00 a.m., Nemo wrote:
"Answer to a maidens prayer"

"At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them"

...at which point me mind was boggling somewhat.

Same here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Oct, 21:44, Gib Bogle wrote:
On 10/10/2010 7:00 a.m., Nemo wrote:

"Answer to a maidens prayer"

"At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them"

...at which point me mind was boggling somewhat.

Same here.

"Virgin Oil" on bottle labels in the supermarket I also found
boggling. Until someone pointed out it doesn't refer to the source of
the product, nor its intended application.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 15:11:22 -0700 (PDT), Nemo wrote:

On 10 Oct, 21:44, Gib Bogle wrote:
On 10/10/2010 7:00 a.m., Nemo wrote:

"Answer to a maidens prayer"

"At last an end to buggering about trying to unblock them"

...at which point me mind was boggling somewhat.

Same here.

"Virgin Oil" on bottle labels in the supermarket I also found
boggling. Until someone pointed out it doesn't refer to the source of
the product, nor its intended application.

Same reaction to "Baby Oil" (cf olive oil and method) and "Baby Powder" etc.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Woodworker's Prayer Just Wondering Woodworking 1 August 19th 10 10:59 PM
PRAYER OF LITTLE GIRL's avtar Woodworking 0 February 16th 07 05:22 AM
Prayer funiture. Mekon Woodworking 9 May 6th 06 01:39 AM
Woodworkers Prayer Andy Jeffries Woodworking 5 December 23rd 05 01:54 AM
OT - A small Prayer Cliff Metalworking 1 March 7th 05 01:14 PM