Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Jeffries

Default Woodworkers Prayer

Can someone post a link or the content to the Woodworkers Prayer.
Something about covetting thy neighbours tools and getting up next...

I read it a while ago and I'm building a new workshop (shed!) early next
year and want it in there...

Cheers,

--
Andy Jeffries | gPHPEdit Lead Developer
http://www.gphpedit.org | PHP editor for Gnome 2

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Andy Jeffries wrote:

Can someone post a link or the content to the Woodworkers Prayer.
Something about covetting thy neighbours tools and getting up
next...

The Woodworker’s Prayer

Oh Lord, so far today, I’ve not cut myself nor anyone else.

I’ve not coveted my neighbor’s tools, and I’ve not damaged any of
mine.

I’ve not been led into temptation to buy any of those fancy laser
guided saws that Norm uses on The New Yankee Work Shop.

I’ve not messed up any of my projects, nor had any cause to take thy
name in vain.

For this I give thanks. But, Lord, I’m gonna get out of bed pretty
soon, and I’ll need all the help you can offer…

(Google is a wonderful thing... you should try it ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Jeffries

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:21:22 +0000, Joe Barta wrote:
Can someone post a link or the content to the Woodworkers Prayer.
Something about covetting thy neighbours tools and getting up next...

The Woodworker’s Prayer

Thanks for this

(Google is a wonderful thing... you should try it ;-)

As a web developer, it was my first choice. Couldn't find it with any of
the following:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=woodworker+coveted+neighbours+tools
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=woodworkers+prayer+coveted

Nor a groups.google.co.uk search.

Out of interest what terms did you find it with...

Cheers,

--
Andy Jeffries | gPHPEdit Lead Developer
http://www.gphpedit.org | PHP editor for Gnome 2
http://www.andyjeffries.co.uk | Personal site and photos

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Out of interest what terms did you find it with...

"Woodworker's prayer" tools
Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Jeffries

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:04:38 +0000, Joe Barta wrote:
Out of interest what terms did you find it with...

"Woodworker's prayer" tools

Doh! Yeah, quotes would have been useful!

Ta,

Andy

--
Andy Jeffries | gPHPEdit Lead Developer
http://www.gphpedit.org | PHP editor for Gnome 2
http://www.andyjeffries.co.uk | Personal site and photos

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:11:53 GMT, Andy Jeffries
wrote:

Can someone post a link or the content to the Woodworkers Prayer.
Something about covetting thy neighbours tools and getting up next...

I read it a while ago and I'm building a new workshop (shed!) early next
year and want it in there...

Cheers,

My Dear Lord, the Carpenter's Son
Please bless this project I've begun