Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Compact radiators - need some advice

The bottom of the compact radiator in my bathroom is rusting somewhat
and I'd like to replace it, preferably doing it myself. As I want to
do it myself I'd like to find a 'drop in' replacementment that doesn't
require any extra plumbing or mods to the existing pipes.

Radiator pics:

Front:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...9999/front.jpg

Top:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...k99999/top.jpg

Does anyone happen to know what make this is please or could suggest a
replacement that should fit without any adjustments to the existing
plumbing?

Measurements:

Height: 600mm
Width: 400mm
Depth: 100mm

Also, how can I tell if it's a Single or Double convector?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
(jamma-plusser) writes:
The bottom of the compact radiator in my bathroom is rusting somewhat
and I'd like to replace it, preferably doing it myself. As I want to
do it myself I'd like to find a 'drop in' replacementment that doesn't
require any extra plumbing or mods to the existing pipes.

Radiator pics:

Front:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...9999/front.jpg

Top:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...k99999/top.jpg

Does anyone happen to know what make this is please or could suggest a
replacement that should fit without any adjustments to the existing
plumbing?

Measurements:

Height: 600mm
Width: 400mm
Depth: 100mm

Radiator sizes in multiples of 100mm are now the norm.
I suggest you measure it and go along to the likes of Wickes,
B&Q, etc and see if there's an identical one. The distance
between the inlet/outlet bosses would be key to avoiding
replumbing. The basic form and covers are common to many
makes. The pattern of slots on the top doesn't match any
of mine, but I have seen it in shops. I don't know how
standard the mounting bracket positions are, and wouldn't
be surprised if you had to move them.

Also, how can I tell if it's a Single or Double convector?

It's a double convector - two panels, both with fins.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:10:41 +0000 (UTC),

Thanks for the advice Andrew. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:10:41 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I suggest you measure it and go along to the likes of Wickes,
B&Q, etc and see if there's an identical one. The distance
between the inlet/outlet bosses would be key to avoiding
replumbing. The basic form and covers are common to many
makes. The pattern of slots on the top doesn't match any
of mine, but I have seen it in shops. I don't know how
standard the mounting bracket positions are, and wouldn't
be surprised if you had to move them.

Also, how can I tell if it's a Single or Double convector?

It's a double convector - two panels, both with fins.

Yup - Type 22 or K2 (Stelrad).

Plumb Center is doing its 'own' range now at reasonable prices (made by
Myson(?)) as 'CenterRad' - £26.19 in the dogalogue for that size.

Also Stelrad at good prices he

http://www.plumbtraders.co.uk/produc...rs-600-400-k2/

although, as it's under £50, there'd be carriage in addition th the £32.88
inc. VAT.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away