Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cheeky *******

I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

Cheers

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2010 18:33, ARWadsworth wrote:

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

This happened to a relative of mine. Apparently he was able to phone
someone (police?) and had the car towed away! It was in a controlled
area though (residents permits had to be shown in the windscreen).

If your neighbour does that again do you have any recourse to have his
car towed?

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do
not park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

Seems polite enough to me, but has no legal validity.

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

Why not, but if you park on the public highway you are causing an
obstruction and be booked for it.

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park
them ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave
them. Any better ideas?

Don't forget they have to be insured, MOTd and roadworthy - and you could
still be booked for causing an obstruction.

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway
one evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

So did you contact the plod and ask them to book his vehicle for ostructing
the GF's driveway (you'd probably get a better response from the plod in
this case)

Adam, I assume that you have got the gist of being "booked for obstruction"
and use it to your advantage.

As a matter of interest, *ANY* vehicle left on a public highway can be
booked for causing an obstruction, and can be so even if you have broken
down or just changing a flat tyre.

And yes I do empathise with as I have had similar problems in the past - and
even responded to a note left on my car (similar to yours) and left my own
note on the windscreen of the other car saying that the owner was legally
causing an obstruction of the highway (obviously with a bit more info than I
have said) with very good effect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 June, 17:33, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

Cheers

Adam

Collect his notes - they'll be useful in evidence when he starts
vandalising cars.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:49:33 +0200, David in Normandy
wibbled:

On 11/06/2010 18:33, ARWadsworth wrote:

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway
one evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

This happened to a relative of mine. Apparently he was able to phone
someone (police?) and had the car towed away! It was in a controlled
area though (residents permits had to be shown in the windscreen).

If your neighbour does that again do you have any recourse to have his
car towed?

No, that's generally try *if* someone is blocking you in. If someone is
blocking you *out*, they can't do anything though...

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Unbeliever" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do
not park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

Seems polite enough to me, but has no legal validity.

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

Why not, but if you park on the public highway you are causing an
obstruction and be booked for it.

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park
them ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave
them. Any better ideas?

Don't forget they have to be insured, MOTd and roadworthy - and you could
still be booked for causing an obstruction.

I was going to put his name and address on the new owners log book. I get
the cars for next to nothing.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

Nice idea but if he knows/finds out it's down to you, it'll probably
kick off a humdinger of a neighbour dispute between him and your gf.

And if he doesn't know it's you, then that's most of the retribution
factor lost...

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
wrote

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

Scrap car without tax and put a large blue notice on it saying "Police
Aware" so its not reported to them again. If you want to be nasty clone
the number plates of their car as well.

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do
not park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

Seems polite enough to me, but has no legal validity.

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

Why not, but if you park on the public highway you are causing an
obstruction and be booked for it.

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park
them ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just
leave them. Any better ideas?

Don't forget they have to be insured, MOTd and roadworthy - and you
could still be booked for causing an obstruction.

I was going to put his name and address on the new owners log book. I
get the cars for next to nothing.

Adam

Nice one Adam, I like that idea. ROTFL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do

not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park

them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave

them. Any
better ideas?

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway

one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

Cheers

Adam

Friend of mine had the entrance to his industrial unit blocked several
times by a neighbour who 'did up cars' - lot's of them in the street.
Despite several polite requests it kept happening. One day he was
blocked in so lifted the ofending wreck with his forklift and put it
on the roof of another of the vehicles - never had any more problems
after that!!!

AWEMb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Mawson
writes

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway

one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

Cheers

Adam

Friend of mine had the entrance to his industrial unit blocked several
times by a neighbour who 'did up cars' - lot's of them in the street.
Despite several polite requests it kept happening. One day he was
blocked in so lifted the ofending wreck with his forklift and put it
on the roof of another of the vehicles - never had any more problems
after that!!!

Very tempting every time some dog walker/bluebell fancier... parks
blocking a field gateway.

I ran this by our local police who took a very strong view that moving
someone else's vehicle was *misappropriation/theft*.

Many years ago there was a tale of some dockers who parked an offending
car on a stack of pallets. The case went to court (Magistrates) and was
dismissed on the basis that the driver had ignored verbal warnings.

My current cure is to park a tree stump (1000kg or so) across the
gateway. This has dual effects; firstly they go somewhere else, secondly
there is a subliminal message about the sort of equipment available for
moving *objects*.

regards
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Andrew Mawson
writes

[...]

and keep the gypos out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan wrote:

If you want to be nasty clone
the number plates of their car

If you want to be *really* nasty do that, then head for the nearest
speed camera - at about 90 mph.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

A couple of skips (in his name, of course)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:33:47 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

snip

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

I think you just stated the cause of the problem. :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:14:55 +0000 (UTC), Tim Watts wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:49:33 +0200, David in Normandy
wibbled:

On 11/06/2010 18:33, ARWadsworth wrote:

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway
one evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

This happened to a relative of mine. Apparently he was able to phone
someone (police?) and had the car towed away! It was in a controlled
area though (residents permits had to be shown in the windscreen).

If your neighbour does that again do you have any recourse to have his
car towed?

No, that's generally try *if* someone is blocking you in. If someone is
blocking you *out*, they can't do anything though...

I'm sure it's the other way round. Basically most deeds have a right to
access your property, therefore someone stopping you entering your driveway
can be towed, but there is nothing to stop them blocking you in - except of
course that you could take them to the small claims court for loss of
income when you can't leave for work.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 11, 11:16*pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Alan wrote:
If you want to be nasty clone
the number plates of their car

If you want to be *really* nasty do that, then head for the nearest
speed camera - at about 90 mph.

with a picture of his face taped to yours. Seriously though...

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
Alan wrote:

If you want to be nasty clone
the number plates of their car

If you want to be *really* nasty do that, then head for the nearest
speed camera - at about 90 mph.

Never thought about that, but clocked and noted.

How do I get around the fact that my car is not the same model? And what
about the details about the appearance of the false number plates?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 June, 17:33, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

Cheers

Adam

Knock on his door with the note in hand, look him in the eye and
politely ask him to explain himself.

Unless he's a big cheeky bastar,d in which case I'd park elsewhere.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 11, 5:33 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

tempting :)
but won't dumping a couple o scrappers just make parking even worse
for you too?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2010 17:33, ARWadsworth wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

I suspect it's a generational thing - an older fella next door but one
to me did the same.

The situation might be a little different because our street is blessed
with incontinent magpies - 'his' space is one of the few not within the
blast area.

I did try to explain to him that it was a public road and he had no more
right to that bit of space than anyone else. He started shaking, eyes
bulged, dribble down his chin. I thought he was going to have an arrest
so I left it, and keep clear of that bit of road if I can.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

Wouldn't it be easier to find a gf with ample parking facilities?

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan wrote:
If you want to be nasty clone
the number plates of their car

If you want to be *really* nasty do that, then head for the nearest
speed camera - at about 90 mph.

with a picture of his face taped to yours. Seriously though...

.)

Just have to be a rear facing camera then:-)

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Onetap" wrote in message
On 11 June, 17:33, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them.
Any
better ideas?

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

Cheers

Adam

Knock on his door with the note in hand, look him in the eye and
politely ask him to explain himself.

Unless he's a big cheeky bastar,d in which case I'd park elsewhere.

He is anything but a big *******. However, a big ******* lives next door to
my girlfriend and the neighbour that parks across driveways and leaves notes
in the window has also managed to upset him. On the morning that the
knobhead blocked me in the girlfriends drive he sent his wife out to move
the car as he was not prepared to face me.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

As a matter of interest, *ANY* vehicle left on a public highway can be
booked for causing an obstruction, and can be so even if you have broken
down or just changing a flat tyre.

I wonder what a magistrate would say if the police gave you a ticket for
having a flat tyre or breaking down? When I broke down on the MWay a few
years ago the police pulled up behind me (I was on the hard shoulder)
checked that I was OK and that I had breakdown cover and then warned me that
I only had 1 hour to get off the hard shoulder of they would arrange
recovery and bill me.

And yes I do empathise with as I have had similar problems in the past -
and even responded to a note left on my car (similar to yours) and left my
own note on the windscreen of the other car saying that the owner was
legally causing an obstruction of the highway (obviously with a bit more
info than I have said) with very good effect.

Well he has upset a few people now. They moved in about six months ago and
have three cars but never use the drive.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 12, 1:43 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Well he has upset a few people now. They moved in about six months ago and
have three cars but never use the drive.

sounds like another pompous tw@t - plenty around sadly

how about the ****tiest old banger your mate can get, rolled/parked/
dumped on *his* drive? might encourage him to use it?

be sure to point the cctv cam at them for the "reveal"...ensuring he
doesn't have cctv first tho...

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , mark
writes

Wouldn't it be easier to find a gf with ample parking facilities?

Pardon? :-)

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:43:58 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

checked that I was OK and that I had breakdown cover and then warned me
that I only had 1 hour to get off the hard shoulder of they would
arrange recovery and bill me.

What happens if the AA/RAC/Green Flag/Who Ever take longer than an
hour to get to you?

Well he has upset a few people now. They moved in about six months ago
and have three cars but never use the drive.

Sounds a right twonk, I guess he doesn't use his drive in case
someone parks across and blocks him in... One can of course always
park so close to him so he's still blocked in on the road, with a
little help from other neigbours just as one goes away and another
car breaks down.

Yes, technically the vehicles are "causing an obstruction" on the
public highway but if the authorities took that line with one of a
row of parked cars they really ought to take it for all of the row.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

What happens if the AA/RAC/Green Flag/Who Ever take longer than an
hour to get to you?

They don't. They always take 57 minutes. It's to help their stats on
"We reach x% in under an hour".

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

What happens if the AA/RAC/Green Flag/Who Ever take longer than an
hour to get to you?

They don't. They always take 57 minutes. It's to help their stats on
"We reach x% in under an hour".

Have they poached staff from the NHS or t'other way?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim Lamb
writes

there is a subliminal message about the sort of equipment available for
moving *objects*.

I like that. Subtle.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny's thinking about giving Windows 7

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I have just found a note under my windscreen wiper saying "Please do not
park here again as I cannot park when I get home from work"

So I cannot park outside my girlfiends house then?

I can get a couple of scrap cars with a months tax on them and park them
ouside his house when he and his wife are at work and just leave them. Any
better ideas?

This is the same knobhead that parked across the girlfiends driveway one
evening so that I could not get out in the morning to go to work.

Cheers

Adam

I read, I think on uk.legal,moderated, that it's an offence to park
against a dropped dropped kerb (eg entrance to driveway, pavement ramp
for wheelchair access etc), even if it's your own! Don't know if this
is just a local byelaw or more general, but the police might take an
interest on this basis.

Of course if you planning on parking there yourself it might not be
such a good idea.

Aussie English can be a Bastard #3 diggerop Woodworking 3 November 18th 09 08:36 PM
Cheeky beggers Jim S UK diy 29 January 14th 09 02:50 PM
Cheeky Git! The Medway Handyman UK diy 111 November 26th 06 03:56 PM
dirty bastard [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 3rd 06 10:26 PM
Cheap bastard [email protected] UK diy 22 March 15th 06 09:09 AM