Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cheeky *******

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:43:58 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

checked that I was OK and that I had breakdown cover and then warned me
that I only had 1 hour to get off the hard shoulder of they would
arrange recovery and bill me.

What happens if the AA/RAC/Green Flag/Who Ever take longer than an
hour to get to you?

Well he has upset a few people now. They moved in about six months ago
and have three cars but never use the drive.

Sounds a right twonk, I guess he doesn't use his drive in case
someone parks across and blocks him in... One can of course always
park so close to him so he's still blocked in on the road, with a
little help from other neigbours just as one goes away and another
car breaks down.

Yes, technically the vehicles are "causing an obstruction" on the
public highway but if the authorities took that line with one of a
row of parked cars they really ought to take it for all of the row.

--
Cheers
Dave.