BigWallop

Default Replacement Toilet

"SP" wrote in message
I want to replace the toilet in my downstairs bathroom.

It looks straightforward - are there any pitfalls I should be aware of -

is
there any web page tips people can point me to?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

Try he

http://www.technosolution.co.uk/diy/...nn/wcconn1.htm

BillR

SP wrote:
I want to replace the toilet in my downstairs bathroom.

It looks straightforward - are there any pitfalls I should be aware
of - is there any web page tips people can point me to?

Thanks

Simon

Get one whose outlet is identical to the existing. e.g. if its a floor exit
then the new one doesn't want to be a rear exit. Adapting/moving a large
soil waste pipe is not to be undertaken likely.
If new one is close coupled make sure wall can bear weight of cistern
fixing. This can be tricky on stud walls where the wall was not built with
the toilet cistern in mind.
Use stainless screws to mount close-coupled cistern to wall.

Simon

Thanks for all the replys - off to get the "stuff".....

Simon

Your right about the road - just head for Lancaster from Phila and you go
straight thru Intercourse and Paradise

"Huge" wrote in message
"BillR" writes:
SP wrote:
I want to replace the toilet in my downstairs bathroom.

It looks straightforward - are there any pitfalls I should be aware
of - is there any web page tips people can point me to?

Thanks

Simon

Get one whose outlet is identical to the existing. e.g. if its a floor

exit
then the new one doesn't want to be a rear exit.

Called "S trap" and "P trap", respectively, BTW.

(Very appropriately.)

adder

"BillR" wrote in message .. .

Get one whose outlet is identical to the existing. e.g. if its a floor exit
then the new one doesn't want to be a rear exit. Adapting/moving a large
soil waste pipe is not to be undertaken likely.
If new one is close coupled make sure wall can bear weight of cistern
fixing. This can be tricky on stud walls where the wall was not built with
the toilet cistern in mind.
Use stainless screws to mount close-coupled cistern to wall.

Shirley closed-coupled cisterns rest on the pan so don't require much
of an attachment to the wall? If you've got low or high-level
cisterns then yes you have to think more about fixings. You can often
if you want cut the stud wall and put reinforcement behind.

Other than that it's a piece of ****! arh arh