tony sayer

Default Best way to source replacement damaged tiles?

In article , BillR
writes
Jack Telford wrote:
I have some damaged tiles that I would like to replace. I have some
spares but not enough. What is the best way to go about finding if I
can still obtain some more. They must be about 20yrs old. Is there
much chance you can still get them?

In my experience its unlikely you'll find any.
I managed to get replacement tiles for those up to 10 years old, after that
it was nigh on impossible.
Ask at the trade tile places, theres a very good one in Berkshire
(http://www.justiles.co.uk/), if they know the make and get them to to
contact manufacturer or call them yourself.

Well we wanted some for our gaff that's 23 years old and the ones we
have are still current production!.

From marleys, the manufacturers, in Sawston near Cambridge we got them
from...
--
Tony Sayer

Roger Mills

Jack Telford wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 18:35:29 +0100, "Roger Mills"
wrote:

Jack Telford wrote in message
.. .
I have some damaged tiles that I would like to replace. I have some
spares but not enough. What is the best way to go about finding if I
can still obtain some more. They must be about 20yrs old. Is there
much chance you can still get them?

What type of tiles are you looking for? Your post doesn't make clear

whether
they're wall tiles, floor tiles (quarry or thermoplastic) or even roof
tiles.

Roger

Wall tiles. They do have numbers and manufacturers name on the back.

I thought it probably was - but asked just in case you were looking for roof
tiles, while people were answering about wall tiles!

Since you can identify the manufacturer, does it still exist? Has it got a
web site with contact details? If so, they should be able to advise you.

Roger