Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are you the homeowner?

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

"No - probation service owns this half-way house"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

There is only one answer... No! I'm a tenant on housing benefit. They soon
go away.

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Well for you it's easy isn't it? "No, you'll have to come back when my
mum's home."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at

our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Easy - "No I'm just robbing the place"

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at
our door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

You should just hone up on your 'answering a question with a question'.

'...are you the home owner?'
'why do you want to know?'
'well, my firm produces excellent double glazing ....'
'was your mamma good to you when you were a baby?'

--
Electric cars are very healthy - when the battery runs out you have to
walk home.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield
saying something like:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

No, I'm just house-sitting while the owner's inside for hacking a
salesman to pieces.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Yes - but I'm a bit busy right now. Why don't you come back later -
some time around midnight? It's a full moon and we're having a few
friends round....."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Harry
Bloomfield writes
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Best answer is no answer, say nothing and close door.

Is you must say something:

"No thanks", close door

or

"None of your business", close door but that's more of my time than they
deserve.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:46:20 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Say nothing ...just point to the little card on the door that says
" No Sales Persons,No Collectors " and shut the door.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Say nothing ...just point to the little card on the door that says
" No Sales Persons,No Collectors " and shut the door.

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window that
is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the hell,
I gave her £20.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2010 20:25 ARWadsworth wrote:

But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

We had a small card behind the glass in the door but since we got a new
plastic door with double glazed panels even quite a large font is
unreadable through the obscured glazing. Anyone any thoughts on how to
get the message across without using a 240pt font on a piece of A2?

The neighbour across has got a note taped to the outside of her door
(which says she's not buying at the door and doesn't want to change her
energy supplier or her god...) but I don't want to have anything as
inelegant as that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

"....what colour underwear are you wearing?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred
wibbled on Friday 12 February 2010 19:54

In article , Harry
Bloomfield writes
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Best answer is no answer, say nothing and close door.

Is you must say something:

"No thanks", close door

or

"None of your business", close door but that's more of my time than they
deserve.

Answer the door adorned thus:

http://smuttygifts.com/images/upload...r_apron_e2.jpg

or thus:

http://www.cine-collector.com/catalo...face2003-1.jpg

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Usenet Nutter
wibbled on Friday 12 February 2010 20:04

wrote:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Say nothing ...just point to the little card on the door that says
" No Sales Persons,No Collectors " and shut the door.

Point to the door under the stairs and say "Just go down to the cellar and
wait, I won't be a moment..."

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

No, it all belongs to Her Majesty. I lease it off her.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:36:24 +0000, Toby wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

"....what colour underwear are you wearing?"

That's what I use on the US-based "you have won a holiday" people, the
female ones at least. The male ones...I ask the colour of their
boyfriend's underwear.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , fred writes
In article , Harry
Bloomfield writes
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Best answer is no answer, say nothing and close door.

Is you must say something:

"No thanks", close door

Got one yesterday

"Oh do **** off"

slam door shut

works for me

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
ARWadsworth writes

"Usenet Nutter" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Say nothing ...just point to the little card on the door that says
" No Sales Persons,No Collectors " and shut the door.

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

I used to have one I brought back from Indonesia on the front room bay
window

I would point at it and say

"Can't you read ****ing Indonesian ?"

gone now

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window that
is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the hell,
I gave her £20.

Told you not to put in that handrail
--
fred

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , geoff
writes
In message , fred writes
In article , Harry
Bloomfield writes
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Best answer is no answer, say nothing and close door.

Is you must say something:

"No thanks", close door

Got one yesterday

"Oh do **** off"

slam door shut

works for me

IME saying anything or displaying any emotion gives them an inflated
view of their own importance.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , fred writes
In article , geoff
writes
In message , fred writes
In article , Harry
Bloomfield writes
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Best answer is no answer, say nothing and close door.

Is you must say something:

"No thanks", close door

Got one yesterday

"Oh do **** off"

slam door shut

works for me

IME saying anything or displaying any emotion gives them an inflated
view of their own importance.

Then we both came out of it with a result

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

1. A sign which reads "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be
shot again" (stolen from a sign in America)

2. "No, I'm the squatter".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , ARWadsworth
writes

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that
is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the
hell,
I gave her £20.

Told you not to put in that handrail
--
fred

How do you write "**** off" in braille on a handrail?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
ARWadsworth writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the
window that
is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the
hell,
I gave her £20.

Told you not to put in that handrail
-- fred

How do you write "**** off" in braille on a handrail?

Use syringe needles

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article ,

ARWadsworth
writes

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that
is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the
hell,
I gave her £20.

Told you not to put in that handrail

How do you write "**** off" in braille on a handrail?

In razor wire

or in anti climb paint (with a wet paint notice)
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , ARWadsworth
writes

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that
is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the
hell,
I gave her £20.

Told you not to put in that handrail
--
fred

How do you write "**** off" in braille on a handrail?

..... ... .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Nick
writes

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
. com...

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , ARWadsworth
writes

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that
is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the
hell,
I gave her £20.

Told you not to put in that handrail
--
fred

How do you write "**** off" in braille on a handrail?

.... ... .

How do you write, not how do you spell

smiley or summat ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager writes:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:36:24 +0000, Toby wrote:
"....what colour underwear are you wearing?"

That's what I use on the US-based "you have won a holiday" people, the
female ones at least. The male ones...I ask the colour of their
boyfriend's underwear.

What reaction do you get?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon writes:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield
saying something like:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

No, I'm just house-sitting while the owner's inside for hacking a
salesman to pieces.

or "No, I buried him under the patio"

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

No, the bank is, i'm being evicted in two weeks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 13, 6:46 am, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Salesmen seem to be too stupid to know how to open my gate. So I don't
get any salesmen or Halloween visitors.

This gate:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2r478dg.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

"This is a bail hostel, please make sure it is a member of the staff you are
disturbing."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 00:54:02 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager writes:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:36:24 +0000, Toby wrote:
"....what colour underwear are you wearing?"

That's what I use on the US-based "you have won a holiday" people, the
female ones at least. The male ones...I ask the colour of their
boyfriend's underwear.

What reaction do you get?

The last one was taken aback, and just said it was rather intrusive. I
replied that so was calling me at home without my permission.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 00:17:30 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , Nick
writes

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.com...

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , ARWadsworth
writes

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that
is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the
hell,
I gave her £20.

Told you not to put in that handrail
--
fred

How do you write "**** off" in braille on a handrail?

.... ... .

How do you write, not how do you spell

Dot It Yourself

smiley or summat ...

--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Say nothing ...just point to the little card on the door that says
" No Sales Persons,No Collectors " and shut the door.

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the
hell, I gave her £20.

You mean you *told* her it was £20...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
'was your mamma good to you when you were a baby?'

Does yer dad own a brewery?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Salesmen seem to be too stupid to know how to open my gate. So I don't
get any salesmen or Halloween visitors.

This gate:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2r478dg.jpg

Another one of your angle grinder jobs, made out of one piece? Not
surprised they couldn't open it.

--
Ian White
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 12, 5:46*pm, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our
door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

--
Regards,
* * * * Harry (M1BYT) (L)http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

"
I get this situation regularly, mainly on the phone. All I say is "no
its rented from the council". They don’t bother you they ring off. Or
if its a caller at the door, just say Its rented.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
On 12/02/2010 20:25 ARWadsworth wrote:

But I use an A4 sized display in the window
that is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

We had a small card behind the glass in the door but since we got a new
plastic door with double glazed panels even quite a large font is
unreadable through the obscured glazing. Anyone any thoughts on how to
get the message across without using a 240pt font on a piece of A2?

The neighbour across has got a note taped to the outside of her door
(which says she's not buying at the door and doesn't want to change her
energy supplier or her god...) but I don't want to have anything as
inelegant as that.

I make customised notices for my factory with a cold laminator, using
self-adhesive film. They survive for a couple of years if used outdoors
and applied to a clean, dry, smooth surface.

Colin Bignell

Homeowner complains... HeyBub Home Repair 3 September 6th 07 12:43 AM
homeowner novice Home Repair 0 June 16th 07 01:25 AM
Best jigsaw for a homeowner... Squanklin Home Repair 14 December 20th 04 09:47 PM
Homeowner Insurance. [email protected] Home Ownership 0 December 17th 04 07:05 PM
Are you a savvy homeowner? Ablang Home Ownership 0 August 10th 04 04:38 AM