Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Prices in sheds

Has anyone else noticed the increasing price gap between the sheds like
Wickes and B&Q compared to Screwfix & Toolstation?

The online guys have always been cheaper, but the gap seems to be getting
bigger.

A few things I've looked at in the last week or so;

8 x 100 hammer fixings - £8 approx for 20 in sheds, £7.50 for 100 online.

London shelf brackets £1.09 in Wickes, 58p from Screwfix.

16w DD lamps £5.99 in B&Q, £1.70 from TLC.

Flexible tap connectors 95p from Toolstation, £4.11 in Wickes.

Not complaining because I buy online & charge out at Wickes prices, so my
margin is getting better.

Don't mind paying a little more for retail shopping, but when stuff is 4
times the price its worth shopping around.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Jan, 20:19, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the increasing price gap between the sheds like
Wickes and B&Q compared to Screwfix & Toolstation?

I use Toolstation as my first choice over-the-counter anyway.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the increasing price gap between the sheds like
Wickes and B&Q compared to Screwfix & Toolstation?

I use Toolstation as my first choice over-the-counter anyway.

Yet the other day I noticed that B&Q sell 15mm speedfit elbows for £2.55
each, or a pack of 10 for £11.??, the latter is the same price as
Screwfix. I guess the majority of B&Q customers buy them individually.

Sheds GMM UK diy 10 September 23rd 09 07:51 PM
Sheds? Andy Champ[_2_] UK diy 19 August 22nd 09 10:28 PM
Sheds sheds sheds GMM UK diy 5 April 16th 08 09:37 PM
Garden Sheds - Bargain Prices liukaiyuan UK diy 3 April 5th 08 04:17 PM
One in the eye for the sheds Steve Firth UK diy 0 May 2nd 06 12:36 AM