Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Default One in the eye for the sheds

Mrs F wanted a new garden gate, arguing that since a storm destroyed the
old one I would have to do some workon a Bank Holiday (grumble, mutter).

She was keen on one from the Wickes catalogue, but when we got there they
had sold out. Sales bloke quite helpful, told me that they came from South
Africa and were difficult to get hold of. He rang three other Wickes depots
in the same area and confirmed none of them had the gate in stock. Left to
get home and as we turned out of Wickes my wife saw a sign that said
"Fences, Gates". So we went that way and found a yard selling fencing
materials. They had an almost identical gate in stock, except that it was
screwed together, not stapled like the Wickes gate. Total price for gate,
posts, and hinges half the price of the Wickes gate.

Do Sheds Sell This Stuff Stuart UK diy 3 April 22nd 06 10:17 PM
Book FS: Building Backyard Structures - Sheds, Gazebos & Other ... Structures by Paul Levine [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 9th 05 03:27 AM
Electric supply in garden sheds Shabs UK diy 9 August 24th 04 06:15 PM
Building tie down ground anchors for sheds Jack Home Repair 2 May 24th 04 10:48 AM
builders merchants v's sheds John UK diy 11 October 24th 03 11:34 PM