Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing outer oven glass

The outer glass on our (Arrow) oven door has been smashed and we've
had difficulty in finding a replacement. Buying a whole door is the
closest option and one this seems a bit excessive in cost. I could
probably get a piece cut to size (any suggestions on a company that
can do this to order would be appreciated) but we need a white graphic
painted/printed onto the glass in order to get it looking right and
I'm not sure how to go about this part. The graphic is not
complicated, it will just mask the innards of the doors frame and make
it look a bit prettier, leaving a window in the middle to view
whatever is going on inside of the oven. Can any suggest how this
might be achieved or somewhere that may be able to help us with this?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris_W" wrote in message
The outer glass on our (Arrow) oven door has been smashed and we've
had difficulty in finding a replacement. Buying a whole door is the
closest option and one this seems a bit excessive in cost. I could
probably get a piece cut to size (any suggestions on a company that
can do this to order would be appreciated) but we need a white graphic
painted/printed onto the glass in order to get it looking right and
I'm not sure how to go about this part. The graphic is not
complicated, it will just mask the innards of the doors frame and make
it look a bit prettier, leaving a window in the middle to view
whatever is going on inside of the oven. Can any suggest how this
might be achieved or somewhere that may be able to help us with this?

Many glaziers shops will cut a suitable piece of glass, but will it
withstand the heat?

As for the graphic you might try masking the area NOT to be painted
carefully with ordinary masking tape and then spray the inside of the panel
with heat resisting paint used for exhausts etc
Alternatively many glaziers will etch the glass using an acid which will
give a suitable finish inside and then you could spray it

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Oct, 18:50, "R" wrote:
"Chris_W" wrote in message

[...]

As it is the outer glass, I don't think it has to withstand a large
amount of heat. I have tested this with the oven on and the exposed
parts don't get too hot to touch. Thanks for the tips on the finish, I
will look into this.

Replacing glass in sliding glass door Godfrey Muganda Home Repair 16 July 26th 16 06:44 PM
Clean Oven Glass? Dan Home Repair 16 September 12th 06 04:59 AM
Oven light glass PM UK diy 6 October 29th 05 10:51 PM
Replacing Outer Washer On Faucet Bro Jack Home Repair 1 June 27th 05 10:32 PM
Oven glass - how to attach? Grunff UK diy 3 February 11th 04 12:10 AM