PM

Default Oven light glass

The glass covering the light in our oven won't unscrew easily. Any tips?

tarquinlinbin

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:31:29 +0100, "PM"
wrote:

The glass covering the light in our oven won't unscrew easily. Any tips?

squirt with WD40 and leave overnight?

http://www.no2id.org/
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"PM" writes:
The glass covering the light in our oven won't unscrew easily. Any tips?

I have had to take a fitted oven out so I can extract the
lampholder from the rear in such cases. In that case, it
wasn't caused by burned food, but by the light bulb having
exploded, and the force of the explosion had blown the
glass cover half off, leaving it cross-threaded.

Incidently, that was a 25W oven lamp, and it took out a
B32 breaker in the CU when it blew...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Harry Bloomfield

PM explained on 28/10/2005 :
The glass covering the light in our oven won't unscrew easily. Any tips?

Not all do - some are fixed in place and you change the lamp from the
back, probably after removing a steel cover.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

PM

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
PM explained on 28/10/2005 :
The glass covering the light in our oven won't unscrew easily. Any tips?

Not all do - some are fixed in place and you change the lamp from the
back, probably after removing a steel cover.

This one did and now doesn't...

Dave

PM wrote:
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message

PM explained on 28/10/2005 :

The glass covering the light in our oven won't unscrew easily. Any tips?

Not all do - some are fixed in place and you change the lamp from the
back, probably after removing a steel cover.

This one did and now doesn't...

Try warming the oven to about 150C and see if you can remove the glass.
Wear an old pair of rubber gloves though and use an older glove to wrap
around the glass.
By warming, you will expand the fitting and it might just unscrew that
bit easier.

Dave
Harry Bloomfield

PM has brought this to us :
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
PM explained on 28/10/2005 :
The glass covering the light in our oven won't unscrew easily. Any tips?

Not all do - some are fixed in place and you change the lamp from the
back, probably after removing a steel cover.

This one did and now doesn't...

Could you tighten a Jubilee clip around the rim, to give you a bit more
purchase?

Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 05:50 PM
Home made heat treating oven kiln: how to & Merry Xmas ! rashid111 Metalworking 8 January 1st 05 08:23 PM
Inground spa light replac barry martin Home Repair 0 October 14th 04 12:30 AM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM
Light bulb malfunction Oldylocks Home Repair 12 February 5th 04 01:51 PM