Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default do glass verandahs need PP or Building Regs?

of this sort for e.g.

http://www.nationwideltd.co.uk/glass-verandas.html

looked on the predictably obfuscated national government resource
websites with no joy apart from the new PD exclusion of decks,
balconies, verandas - does this really apply to ground level "lean to"
type structures?

any pointers gratefully received

Cheers
JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I would think most likely it does. Generally, there are your permitted
development rights for things like garages, sheds and porches (subject
to restrictions on size and location) - and anything else needs PP.

Contact your local planning office, only a fairly simple informal
application is necessary to tell you if you need PP.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 21 Sep, 18:54, RubberBiker wrote:
I would think most likely it does. Generally, there are your permitted
development rights for things like garages, sheds and porches (subject
to restrictions on size and location) - and anything else needs PP.

Contact your local planning office, only a fairly simple informal
application is necessary to tell you if you need PP.

IMHE better to leave some stones unturned unless absolutely necessary!

to expand - it seems i can still (since the PD changes) build a
conservatory of certain parameters without needin PP or BRegs but it
seems I may need PP (poss BRegs) for an open sided lean-to glass
roofed structure...??

can anyone confirm?
ta
JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:46:31 -0700 (PDT), a certain chimpanzee, jim
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

of this sort for e.g.

http://www.nationwideltd.co.uk/glass-verandas.html

Building Regs (in England & Wales); no, if less than 30m^2 (covered
yard or covered way). Planning; no idea.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jim" wrote in message
On 21 Sep, 18:54, RubberBiker wrote:
I would think most likely it does. Generally, there are your permitted
development rights for things like garages, sheds and porches (subject
to restrictions on size and location) - and anything else needs PP.

Contact your local planning office, only a fairly simple informal
application is necessary to tell you if you need PP.

IMHE better to leave some stones unturned unless absolutely necessary!

to expand - it seems i can still (since the PD changes) build a
conservatory of certain parameters without needin PP or BRegs but it
seems I may need PP (poss BRegs) for an open sided lean-to glass
roofed structure...??

Be aware that although you may not need to apply for building regs, it does
not mean you don't have to comply with building regs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 21 Sep, 19:30, "dennis@home" wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

On 21 Sep, 18:54, RubberBiker wrote:
I would think most likely it does. Generally, there are your permitted
development rights for things like garages, sheds and porches (subject
to restrictions on size and location) - and anything else needs PP.

Contact your local planning office, only a fairly simple informal
application is necessary to tell you if you need PP.

IMHE better to leave some stones unturned unless absolutely necessary!

to expand - it seems i can still (since the PD changes) build a
conservatory of certain parameters without needin PP or BRegs but it
seems I may need PP (poss BRegs) for an open sided lean-to glass
roofed structure...??

Be aware that although you may not need to apply for building regs, it does
not mean you don't have to comply with building regs.

ah this again - i take the opposite view - thanks

Internal glass door building regs? mogga UK diy 27 September 26th 08 06:35 PM
Building regs... Mr Sandman UK diy 2 February 9th 08 11:21 PM
Building regs WC compactpowerhouse UK diy 6 June 10th 06 05:15 AM
Building regs Griffo Home Repair 6 February 16th 06 05:47 PM
Building Regs blakey9000 UK diy 33 June 24th 04 04:25 PM