Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default varnishing bricks???

I bought a load of victorian reclaimed bricks dead cheap to create a
cottagey brick path and have been cleaning the mortar off with a wire
brush and water. The water really brings out the fab colours of the
bricks but they go back to dull when dry. Is there a varnish or
similar that I could use on them to retain the colours?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:38:18 -0700, eden wrote:

I bought a load of victorian reclaimed bricks dead cheap to create a
cottagey brick path and have been cleaning the mortar off with a wire
brush and water. The water really brings out the fab colours of the bricks
but they go back to dull when dry. Is there a varnish or similar that I
could use on them to retain the colours?

Just a guess...

Patterned or 'imprinted' concrete drives have some kind of
glossy finish which might be adapted for your purpose. Look in Yellow
Pages for a local company who might be able to advise.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Posted to uk.d-i-y

eden wrote:
I bought a load of victorian reclaimed bricks dead cheap to create a
cottagey brick path and have been cleaning the mortar off with a wire
brush and water. The water really brings out the fab colours of the
bricks but they go back to dull when dry. Is there a varnish or
similar that I could use on them to retain the colours?

I read that as 'Vanishing Bricks :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
eden wrote:
I bought a load of victorian reclaimed bricks dead cheap to create a
cottagey brick path and have been cleaning the mortar off with a wire
brush and water. The water really brings out the fab colours of the
bricks but they go back to dull when dry. Is there a varnish or
similar that I could use on them to retain the colours?

I read that as 'Vanishing Bricks :-)

So did I. I thought we were going to get a tale of someone stealing them

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"eden" wrote in message
I bought a load of victorian reclaimed bricks dead cheap to create a
cottagey brick path and have been cleaning the mortar off with a wire
brush and water. The water really brings out the fab colours of the
bricks but they go back to dull when dry. Is there a varnish or
similar that I could use on them to retain the colours?

Doesn't the sealant for block drives and patios come in various types of
finish? I would imagine the satin finish would give you what you want.

John M

Varnishing tip Leon Woodworking 26 October 21st 08 09:22 PM
Varnishing Samantha Booth UK diy 3 June 28th 08 09:23 AM
Varnishing brasswork ? robgraham UK diy 9 July 22nd 07 04:39 PM
Help Varnishing Problem Blackadder Woodworking 8 October 21st 06 08:21 PM
Wood Varnishing lawrence zarb UK diy 4 September 9th 04 08:05 PM