Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Miller[_3_] John Miller[_3_] is offline

Default varnishing bricks???

"eden" wrote in message
I bought a load of victorian reclaimed bricks dead cheap to create a
cottagey brick path and have been cleaning the mortar off with a wire
brush and water. The water really brings out the fab colours of the
bricks but they go back to dull when dry. Is there a varnish or
similar that I could use on them to retain the colours?

Doesn't the sealant for block drives and patios come in various types of
finish? I would imagine the satin finish would give you what you want.

John M