Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar reflective paint for polycarbonate roof.

I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -
http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't know
but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I can't
breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:37:35 +0100, brass monkey wrote:
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -
http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't know
but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I can't
breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

The advert says you can paint it onto glass - did you do this and how's it
stood the test of time?
At over £13 per litre, I'd want to be pretty dam' sure it wasn't going to
wash, or flake off the first time we get a downpour or snow on the roof.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 July, 23:37, "brass monkey" wrote:
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't know
but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I can't
breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

It would be interesting to know how translucent a conservatory roof
must be before it is no longer classed as a conservatory for building
regulation / planning purposes. I think 75 percent of the roof has to
be "translucent".
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pete" wrote in message
[...]

I rollered it onto polycarbonate, about 12 sq mtrs of it.
We've had a fair bit of heavy rain and hail, it still looks the same, time
will tell.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 01:20:45 -0700 (PDT), Simon wrote:

On 23 July, 23:37, "brass monkey" wrote:
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't know
but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I can't
breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

It would be interesting to know how translucent a conservatory roof
must be before it is no longer classed as a conservatory for building
regulation / planning purposes. I think 75 percent of the roof has to
be "translucent".
Simon.

But does it need to have 75% translucency? If it isn't opaque then it's
translucent, but Regs. might set a limit for the min.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"brass monkey" wrote in message
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -
http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't
know but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I
can't breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

I used polycarbonate sheet with a perforated metal film in the cavities,
which proved to be very effective in Southern France. As I was replacing
worn out sheet, I bought sheet with the film installed, but you can buy the
strip to slide into existing sheet.

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/s...l_inserts.html

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nightjar .me.uk" cpb@insert my surname here wrote in message

"brass monkey" wrote in message
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -
http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't
know but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I
can't breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

I used polycarbonate sheet with a perforated metal film in the cavities,
which proved to be very effective in Southern France. As I was replacing
worn out sheet, I bought sheet with the film installed, but you can buy
the strip to slide into existing sheet.

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/s...l_inserts.html

Colin Bignell

Yes, I've seen that Colin, but being a cheapskate gave the paint a try

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:31:22 +0100, brass monkey wrote:

[...]

Me too! I looked at these some years ago and worked out that they more than
double the cost of the polycarbonate. Quoting from the website:
"... Each roll covers approximately 1.3 & 1.6 Sq/M ..." so for a 600mm x
3 metre sheet, you're looking at (maybe) 1 1/2 rolls at £30 a go - yikes!!

Cheaper to open a window :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:37:35 PM UTC+1, brass monkey wrote:
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -
http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't know
but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I can't
breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

This is just what I have been searching for ...will certainly try it!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/07/2013 22:58, wrote:
On Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:37:35 PM UTC+1, brass monkey wrote:
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -
http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't know
but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I can't
breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

This is just what I have been searching for ...will certainly try it!

"For technical reasons, production has had to be halted until new
equipment is obtained. Ordering will then be restored on the web site.
Meanwhile, we do apologise and are working hard to get things back to
normality."

Doesn't sound too promising!

As an alternative, have any of you got any experience of this stuff,
which is inserted into the slots of the polycarbonate panels?

http://econergysystems.co.uk/solar-inserts.html

--
Cheers,
Roger