Posted to uk.d-i-y
pete pete is offline

Default Solar reflective paint for polycarbonate roof.

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:31:22 +0100, brass monkey wrote:

"nightjar .me.uk" cpb@insert my surname here wrote in message

"brass monkey" wrote in message
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -
http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't
know but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I
can't breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

I used polycarbonate sheet with a perforated metal film in the cavities,
which proved to be very effective in Southern France. As I was replacing
worn out sheet, I bought sheet with the film installed, but you can buy
the strip to slide into existing sheet.

http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/s...l_inserts.html

Colin Bignell

Yes, I've seen that Colin, but being a cheapskate gave the paint a try

Me too! I looked at these some years ago and worked out that they more than
double the cost of the polycarbonate. Quoting from the website:
"... Each roll covers approximately 1.3 & 1.6 Sq/M ..." so for a 600mm x
3 metre sheet, you're looking at (maybe) 1 1/2 rolls at £30 a go - yikes!!

Cheaper to open a window :-)