Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon[_10_] Simon[_10_] is offline

Default Solar reflective paint for polycarbonate roof.

On 23 July, 23:37, "brass monkey" wrote:
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't know
but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I can't
breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

It would be interesting to know how translucent a conservatory roof
must be before it is no longer classed as a conservatory for building
regulation / planning purposes. I think 75 percent of the roof has to
be "translucent".
Simon.