Posted to uk.d-i-y
pete pete is offline

Default Solar reflective paint for polycarbonate roof.

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:37:35 +0100, brass monkey wrote:
I was looking for some method of reducing the temp in the conservatory and
found this -
http://www.paco-systems.co.uk/solarref.html
It might just be normal wallop (emulsion) with a higher price, I don't know
but it does the trick.
We keep the pooches in there and they were gasping "water, shear me, I can't
breathe".
Temp went down from 41C to about 30C, light level down by around 40%.
Anyway, the pooches gave me a round of apaws.

The advert says you can paint it onto glass - did you do this and how's it
stood the test of time?
At over £13 per litre, I'd want to be pretty dam' sure it wasn't going to
wash, or flake off the first time we get a downpour or snow on the roof.