Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chainsaw choice - Makita UC4030A or Husqvarna 321EL?

Well, further to my question about which electric chainsaw I have
decided to go a bit up market and have decided I'd like one of the two
following models:-

Makita UC4030A
Husqvarna 321EL

Specifications wise they're pretty similar, 16" bar, 2000 watt motor
mounted lengthways to may for a slim machine, similar weight of
around 4.4kg, similar price around £150 with the Husqvarna being a
little more expensive.

So does anyone have any comments/thoughts as to which *might* be
better or are they pretty similar?

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 July, 16:54, Howard Neil wrote:

Other than that, the only two makes of chainsaw that are ever considered
by professional are Husqvarna and Stihl.

Mainland European professionals at least. Scandinavians might look at
Jonsered, Leftpondians have a few other choices as well.

On the whole I'd slightly prefer a Husq to a Stihl. They work equally
well when new and have good service backup, but old worn Husqs seem
easier to start than equally hard-worked Stihls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Howard Neil wrote:

Well, I personally would never touch any Makita again. I had a small
problem with a brushcutter which Makita refused/failed to help with in
spite of it being within guarantee. The equipment, other that the small
problem which was eventually solved by a dealer, was fine but the lack
of customer service put me off the company for life.

I have (so far) always had good results from Makita support. Having said
that, if it was in warranty then it was the dealers problem to fix anyway.

Other than that, the only two makes of chainsaw that are ever considered
by professional are Husqvarna and Stihl.

I would therefore suggest the Husqvarna.

Can't argue with that though. The lekky one I used was good, and I have
only ever used petrol Makitas (which I also found pretty good as well).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 22 July, 16:54, Howard Neil wrote:

Other than that, the only two makes of chainsaw that are ever considered
by professional are Husqvarna and Stihl.

Mainland European professionals at least. Scandinavians might look at
Jonsered, Leftpondians have a few other choices as well.

On the whole I'd slightly prefer a Husq to a Stihl. They work equally
well when new and have good service backup, but old worn Husqs seem
easier to start than equally hard-worked Stihls

Well mine is going to be very easy to start whatever make it is as
it's going to be electric. :-)

--
Chris Green