Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default joiner costs

I have several jobs needing to be done around the place. Window frame
repairs, built-in copboards etc. etc. What do posters consider to be a
fair hourly rate to pay a decent joiner.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

m1ss_wh1te wrote:
I have several jobs needing to be done around the place. Window frame
repairs, built-in copboards etc. etc. What do posters consider to be a
fair hourly rate to pay a decent joiner.

Depends on where in the country you are, and how many hours you want in
a block. £150 - £220 a day would not be unreasonable for a good one.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

m1ss_wh1te wrote:
I have several jobs needing to be done around the place. Window frame
repairs, built-in copboards etc. etc. What do posters consider to be a
fair hourly rate to pay a decent joiner.

Depends on where in the country you are, and how many hours you want in
a block. £150 - £220 a day would not be unreasonable for a good one.

But in todays climate, £100 for a day would be more realistic for a
number of 'odd jobs' where the time taken can only be estimated.
I know plasterers are available now for £75 a day, where they would be
£150 a year ago.
Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

But in todays climate, £100 for a day would be more realistic for a
number of 'odd jobs' where the time taken can only be estimated.
I know plasterers are available now for £75 a day, where they would be
£150 a year ago.
Alan.

I beg to disagree, I am a domestic carpenter in Bristol and there is
no shortage of work here. I charge £20 per hour plus £20 callout for
one off jobs under £100.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
A.Lee wrote:
But in todays climate, £100 for a day would be more realistic for a
number of 'odd jobs' where the time taken can only be estimated.
I know plasterers are available now for £75 a day, where they would be
£150 a year ago.

You must live in a very depressed area.

--
*It is wrong to ever split an infinitive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

boiler costs - rough costs / options dirt dibbler UK diy 1 July 5th 07 10:39 AM
Old joiner - what would you do? [email protected] Woodworking 34 June 30th 07 05:27 AM
Joiner 6" or 8" Keith Woodworking 27 March 7th 05 01:43 AM
re planer/joiner mike hide Woodworking 2 January 11th 05 05:44 AM
Joiner [email protected] Woodworking 9 January 6th 05 04:56 AM